Glitch: Season 2 Reviews

• Oct 14, 2019

The second season introduces elements that feel, if not contradictory to the established mythology, then at least uncomfortably at odds with it. Still gripping, with characters that foster emotion attachment.

• Oct 03, 2019

While the writing was not as good as the first season, season 2 explores the resurrected characters past lives and loves well. The plot is intriguing and the story's pacing is good.

• Aug 31, 2019

Well crafted, exceptional.

Well crafted, exceptional.

• Dec 27, 2017

Stupid resurrection premise goes unexplained, leaving gaping plot holes. While acting is good, most of the characters are not likeable, although a couple try hard to be. The costuming is the worst. The character Katie dresses nothing like the character she acts: waifish, demure young maiden hair outfit belies her tiger personality. The younger white women almost all wear outfits that exaggerates their sexuality, yet none of them act sexy in the least. Dreary, humorless dialog. Only the mystery get me watching, but it's not enough.

• Dec 01, 2017

Picks up the pace compared to season 1 and starts actually delivering on the interesting premise. I still had to skip several worthless dialogue scenes and needlessly slow expositional shots, but there wasn't such an overwhelming abundance of that stuff as in S1. The older scientist woman they brought on is played by a catastrophic actress, lucky for her the leading male cop is pretty bad too, and he kind of helps her not look as bad compared to everyone else. (Also, "John Silver" from Black Sails makes an appearance, which was a treat.) Anyway, beyond the bad acting and occasional stupidly slow-paced scenes and everything, we finally do get some compelling story development in S2. I'd actually like to see this series continued now, unlike what I felt at the end of S1.

• Nov 21, 2017

Glitch's 2nd season takes us back to Yoorana & tries to unravel the mystery surrounding the Risen. I didn't much care for any of the new characters & the story was at times hard to follow but the idea of the Risen trying to solve their own murders & struggling to figure out who they were has kept the story's flow fresh & entertaining. At often times the show raises a lot more questions than answers, an action that keeps viewers guessing until the end.

• Oct 29, 2017

Brilliant follow on from season 1 and good to see the whole cast back along with some new faces and the story as gripping as ever. Nice to see Luke Arnold especially as he was outstanding in Black Sails and I certainly hope there is going to be a Season 3 as this is a great show