Godfather of Harlem: Season 1 Reviews

• 3d ago

One of the "best"shows on TV right now the best...πŸ˜€

One of the "best"shows on TV right now the best...πŸ˜€

• 5d ago

Forest Whitaker is a genius! So glad they decided to cast him in this role. Every episode leaves you wanting more. I wish I could rewatch this show.

• Dec 01, 2019

Very good TV show based on true events so realistic.

Very good TV show based on true events so realistic.

• Nov 29, 2019

Whitaker nailed it! This was very well written and the pace is great. It does not bore you one bit. Looking forward to season 2. Homerun entertainment!

• Nov 20, 2019

Great series with the great Forest Whitaker and a strong supporting cast. Particularly interesting to see the interplay of Bumpy Johnson with Malcolm X, Adam Clayton Powell and the Italian Mob figures. Also a strong soundtrack.

• Nov 17, 2019

Compelling, sad and rings so true.

Compelling, sad and rings so true.

• Nov 11, 2019

One of the greatest in a long time... Exceptionally good...πŸ‘ŒπŸΎπŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―

One of the greatest in a long time... Exceptionally good...πŸ‘ŒπŸΎπŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―

• Nov 11, 2019

Good damn show. Love it already!

Good damn show. Love it already!

• Nov 06, 2019

This is probably the best show on TV right now. Forrest just delivers in the way you would expect him to. This is a great mob tv show that I cannot wait to see each week. It is well-acted on all fronts and it really depicts New York in the 60's. The set design and fashion of the characters are so on point. From the crime families to the racism to the rise of the Nation of Islam it is just fantastic. They address the impact of drugs on the inner cities and not from an apologetic perspective. It feels real. I can't wait to see more episodes.

• Oct 23, 2019

Good show but who ever did the set design for episode 4 needs a history lesson. In the boxing gym scene there is the South African flag that only came into use in 1994. The show is set in 1960