Gold Digger: Miniseries Reviews

• Oct 06, 2020

I loved this series. Julio Ormond was amazing. Ben Barnes was perfect as Benjamin. I thought they had really great chemistry. The show had sad moments but I think it showed that love is not easy. It is hard work and sometimes all that work pays off. I enjoyed having each episode told from the different character's perspective. I recommend this series.

• Aug 08, 2020

Brilliant production with extraordinary acting, screen play and revelatory depiction of the romantic yearnings of a mature woman.

• Aug 05, 2020

I tried really hard to like this series. It was passable, but it kept you wanting it to get better. It was somewhat hard to overlook the age gap, and stigma surrounding older women/younger men. Why shouldn't it be as accepting as the other way around? The storyline was a little forced, but overall, it passed the time.

• Jun 27, 2020

Saddened me, to see an old woman stay so blind to it all. A simple question of "would you sign a pre nup"would have said it all! Horrible movie , bad message

• Jun 21, 2020

May be the worst BBC export I've ever watched. I wish I had given up much earlier. The characters are flat; the past trauma seems contrived; and the plot is a series of red herrings. Too much scenery and not enough writing.

• Jun 18, 2020

Love Julia Ormond but most of the series she was in dark dreary baggy shawls and caped clothing to cover, I assume, her weight gain. A woman can be both overweight and beautiful, no need to drab her down with yards of bulky dark clothing. She is still beautiful. This could have been a delicious movie, with the fiance playing more with those who wish him harm in her family and keeping us wondering is he good or bad - but it just dragged out and such a dreary pansy melodramatic sad sacky way...I Nearly dropped it after Ep 3. Only mildly entertaining ending with a scene akin to one in Pride and Prejudice as they look over their estate, touching music, curtain closes.

• May 25, 2020

While the acting is perfectly fine and the scenery quite lovely, the redundancy of the theme, discourse and interaction became, well, a snoozefest. Truly hung in there only for the big reveal. So much to mine there, such short shrift dedicated to it. A reasonably watchable 135 min movie? Yes. A six episode series that could have been...better done as a 135 min movie? There's that. Plus, is there a theatrical device more irritating than a montage? Maybe - just maybe - unsatisfying flashbacks that inadequately advance the storyline, the trauma, the opportunity to flesh out the characters that could have filled, well, a six-episode season. Maybe it was the editing. if so, too much mayo, not enough meat.

• May 24, 2020

This series was totally manipulative. The viewer is lead to dislike the love interest and then we are asked to give him a pass when a truth is revealed. All indications are that the protagonist is niaive, in denial and acting out past behaviors. Her love interest is duplicitous, secretive and a liar. Suddenly we are asked to reverse everything we have been lead to believe. I felt manipulated. I would not recommend this series.

• May 21, 2020

This miniseries was spot on with the humanity in humans. The demons we hide from, lie about, run from and disguise. There are those who never break free from their reality and there are those who are frightened but somehow manage to do so. One of the issues with that journey is all the noise while trying to work thru your personal stuff! It's interesting how everyone seems to have an opinion that they feel is paramount in anothers life when their crap is just as jacked up! I believe the entire cast did an outstanding job in conveying their individual roles in this journey. It was believeable and nowadays that's more important than anything because everyone can relate and if not well, you're not being honest with yourself or you're just not from planet earth!!!

• May 19, 2020

A stunning, mysterious deeply enticing "love story" about a young man who falls for a 60 year old woman. Or so we think. Her 3 adult children are resentful and suspicious that a handsome young man could fall for their overweight wrinkled but beautiful on the inside person. They are certain he ants all of her money, aka their inheritance. While this is not exactly a thriller, it is a nicely woven tale of mystery with some nice twists. I binged watched it all in one evening, could not stop. A lot of this series focuses on the complexities of personal realtionship and dealing with past trauma. And if people are really who they say they are. And trust. However, there needs to be a SEASON 2 WRITTEN Immediately and if Acorn TV doesn't do it, I am fully prepared to write Season Two for them...today. Lots of unanswered questions which could make for a fascinating and even more complex Season 2. This is not over folks! Julia Ormond is ravishingly lovely as the mother and her young stud Ben Barnes is devastatingly charming. Her ex-husband is predictably loathsome. Her 3 children -ok but all with secrets of their own which could figure into Season 2. There is a mysterious phone call or two and a note in a gift bag that all need explanation and could be the premise behind Season 2. Julia Ormond, start your engine.