Good Omens: Season 1 Reviews

• Nov 19, 2021

This is one of the most incredible and unique tv serials that i' ve ever seen. David Tennant and Michael Sheen are amazing actors. Their acting was perfect and other actors too. Of course without Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, and their joint book Good Omens there wouldn't be a chance to create such a lovely show. And the last one I want to say about all the people who was working behind the screen. After reading the book about how the show was created, i understand how much work has been done by those people behind the screen. Can only say that i am really looking forward to season 2. Keep it that way.

• Sep 10, 2021

It is mildly entertaining but too childish.. too cheesy. Tries to be funny in a very Nickelodeon way. Saw Michael Sheen acting for the first time in The Good Fight and thought his character was awful but again I find his character awful in this show so now I don't know what to think.

• Jul 27, 2021

Really amazing adaptation of one of my favourite books, can't wait for season 2 #GNUTerryPratchett Thank you Neil

• Jun 05, 2021

My husband is obsessed with this one (and the book) and had watched the whole series a few times before I got to it. He didn't mind watching it again. Even my kid had seen it, thinks it's good, and only complains the episodes are long. I loved seeing the good angel (as the Gardener) and bad angel (as the Nanny) working over what they believed to be the antichrist with their morals and philosophy. As soon as Nanny hit the screen with her principles of destroying everyone, I turned to my kid and pointed at our screen, not the actor, and "Now you know who Nanny is..." Be very careful with your Nannies, everyone ;)

• May 16, 2021

It's the best TV series I've ever seen

It's the best TV series I've ever seen

• Feb 26, 2021

Harmless, uneven, wildly enjoyable fun that benefits from sharp wit and massively winning performances from its well-matched pair of leads.

• Feb 23, 2021

The epitome of a "feel good" watch. Even when told over thousands of years, this show feels so cozy and is packed full of special moments and quotable lines. Most of this comes from the unbelievable chemistry between Tennant and Sheen, almost to a fault. The show tends to lag a bit as you find yourself wishing for more of those two. But overall, this is a flawed but lovable gem that I can see myself going back to watch many more times in the future.

• Feb 06, 2021

Some goddamn and devildamn chemistry from the leads, magnificent ensemble of thespians and endless narration. This is ominously good.

• Jan 01, 2021

A few great casting calls - David Tennant and John Hamm, notably - but the scriptwriting left many holes which make no sense if one hasn't read the book (why does Newton Pulcifer's car have three wheels?) and Frances McDormand frankly slept her way through her narration as God. The children's scenes were too long and Adam, although having the required ethereal beauty, was unconvincing in his transformation from a normal boy to the son of Satan. Also, the special effects were super kitsch! Maybe it's an English-television style thing, but for all of the money which the producers spent on famous actors, you'd think they could put a little more into the CGI. Good Omens is an excellent book, a superlative audiobook and meh as an Amazon series.

• Dec 27, 2020