Hell on Wheels: Season 4 Reviews

• Feb 14, 2021

Hell On Wheels is in general one of the best dramas describing how the Euro Americans laid the foundation to the destruction of a continent, and the building of the transcontinental railroad was an absolute peak in this development. Even though the characters are either invented or a more or less heavily romanticizing of historical persons, all to fit a brilliant plot, the depiction of the invironment following the railroad track is basically genuin. The melodrama is based on real human relations within a frame of true historical events, and despite a free creative dramaturgy, the plot never loses proximity to the authentic events. On top of this the creators manage to make a highly engaging story, and the cast, acting, direction, costumes, set designing and cinematography is all sublime.

• Sep 08, 2020

Hell on Wheels was solid though the first 3 seasons. In season 4 it - pardon the pun- goes off the rails. Or jumps the shark. The storylines become illogical and inconsistent. I literally gave up on the show after episode 8 which had all of the quality of an episode of Night Rider or The A-Team. Children's cartoons are better written than this season of television.

• Jun 09, 2020

This season was brutal. The most tragic season of television I have ever seen. It sets things in motion for the last season in a perfect way.

• Dec 27, 2018

Season 4 was a locomotive of building tension, which led to unexpected twists and turns that I'm sure will have consequences in the final season.

• Sep 02, 2017

As you can see by my ratings I thought seasons 1 & 2 were good... season 3 was starting to lose what made the show good, but the great characters were able to save it, obviously some episodes are better then others, but overall Season 3 was still a good watch. In season 4 the show continues to slip. So many changes plus at times it feels as if the show looks to make the man character suffer. Some episodes are still good, but overall the show feels lost.

• Jul 14, 2015

bummed when its ended

bummed when its ended

• Nov 15, 2014

Like Deadwood, Hell on Wheels flirts with history in a graphic and thrilling manner, full of scoundrels, opportunists and women of little virtue. However, America's recent fashion of porcelain-white teeth has no place in the grim grit of the Western frontier.

• Oct 11, 2014

Hell on Wheels is exciting, interesting and one doesn't know what is coming next. There are so many twists and turns like a mountain road. So many characters contribute to the wholeness of the series. I like the menacing persistence of the Swede character. You feel the realism of the era travelling back in time almost as if you are there.

• Oct 04, 2014

Love this show. One of my favorite on TV.

Love this show. One of my favorite on TV.