Hidden: Season 1 Reviews

• Sep 25, 2020

Gripping ! It has a dark gloomy atmosphere, scary moments, the storylines fit together well and I found it compulsive viewing. Really enjoyed it.

• Sep 03, 2020

Dull and dreary as a winter day in Whales, this series moves slowly as the minds of the characters in it. Why can't these people just spit it out?! Even the detectives are not very clever. A lack of communication seems to be the main theme throughout, making the characters look mindless and sometimes just stupid. Each and every character has issues that seem to overshadow their ability to get on with life, and most of them are sullen and unlikable. Only the father and daughter who own the gas station have any soul and ability to at least crack a smile. The music makes one think that something big is going to happen, though it rarely does. And the scenes are nearly all shot right before dark. It's supposed to be the start of the fishing season, but it feels like midwinter all the time. If I believed that people in small Welsh towns really act like they do in this series I wouldn't want to visit. Even the beautiful scenery can't make up for the dreary personalities that permeate the program. I mean, can a man be put in jail because one teenager said she saw him near the crime scene, without even waiting for forensics? Or would a beloved chemistry teacher be fired and his life ruined forever because one boy once said he put his hand where it didn't belong? Well, there's no English Common Law practiced in this Welsh town! It's annoying. I think of the brilliant, shining Katherine Zeta Jones, who grew up in a small Welsh town to remind me that these things just can't be so.

• Feb 19, 2020

Ok, so some people will have an issue with subtitles as a lot of it is in Welsh. Is it massively original? No, loads of ideas have been seen in other shows. However, it's atmospheric, disturbing and intriguing nevertheless.

• Feb 12, 2020

Great show. Creepy, atmospheric if a little slow at times. Flawed but likeable mains characters. More a what will happen next than a who dunnit. Acting was good. Await second season!

• Aug 06, 2019

Well written and directed. The photography & soundtrack create a perfect ambience dominated by the blue hour of the day, quite suitable for the storyline and place where it develops.