I May Destroy You: Miniseries Reviews

• 3d ago

I really have no words... but really how could a show be this cathartic! I spent the entre last ep laugh-crying?!

• Nov 22, 2021

This was one of the finest TV shows that i saw in the 2020-2021 TV season. The beauty of this limited series is its story structure. Unlike formulaic tv shows that focus on an assault and the immediate aftermath, this series starts with the longer term impacts of trauma on the central character and slowly unravels the complex, raw, emotions that come to the surface as this character struggles to uncover and deal with what happened to them. The performances are nuanced, and realistic without being overly sentimental. Although the series takes the viewer to some very dark places, it delivers a rewarding, genuinely emotional experience. This show is proof positive that we are in the renaissance of television. A gem of a series.

• Jul 22, 2021

I May Destroy You hits all the right notes in approaching the theme of sexual assault: its millenial humour avoids it being dragged into some heavy melodrama, while its maturity and sensibility in dealing with those themes is both brave and fresh - thanks mostly to Michaela Coel's outstanding talents of multiple layers, deeming her one of the best artists of her generation.

• Jul 22, 2021

Artificially build around its Message,

Artificially build around its Message,

• Apr 28, 2021

I had heard really good things about this, so I expected to like it, but what I didn't expect is how it kept suggesting sort of predictable narratives, confounding them, and then reflecting on them. The meta / writerly aspect of it is underrated.

• Apr 04, 2021

It's absolutely perfect.

It's absolutely perfect.

• Mar 21, 2021

I don't want to spoil but it's a nice perspective on a tough subject matter.

I don't want to spoil but it's a nice perspective on a tough subject matter.

• Mar 17, 2021

Really fucking excellent

Really fucking excellent

• Mar 08, 2021

This show was an original. It was like nothing I have ever seen before. It was genius at times. I watched the entire show in one day. I couldn't stop watching no matter how hard I tried. I hope there is a season 10 of this show.

• Mar 03, 2021

I'm really struggling to watch this, it's super gross and the story is weak.

I'm really struggling to watch this, it's super gross and the story is weak.