I May Destroy You: Season 1 Reviews

• 1d ago

Clearly well written but what let's it down is that it is trying too hard to be shoreditch contemporary. The scenes of drug taking, period blood clots, threesomes and gay rape make you feel like they have started with a list of modern taboos and have made every attempt to tick them off as quickly as possible. It reduces what could have been a solid drama to shock thrills.

• 1d ago

It is a materpeice of unwavering and uncomprimising art! So uncomfortable and neccesary!

• 4d ago

Big Michela Coel fan but this show was honestly really bad. Watching her in this it is so clear that she does not smoke or do drugs in real life because the "acting" of it is soooo cringe.

• 6d ago

poor acting narrowly made watchable by the writing

poor acting narrowly made watchable by the writing

• Jul 06, 2020

What an amazing show... we need more content like this. Michaela is a force to be reckoned with and an amazing actress & creator.

• Jul 01, 2020

This is very well made. The pilot is a little slow but stick with it and it really sings.

• Jun 29, 2020

Sexual Assault and Dark Humour do not go together. Simples

Sexual Assault and Dark Humour do not go together. Simples

• Jun 27, 2020

half way through and will definitely come back and finish the series. whew. it is needed. it is necessary. it made me squirm and want to turn it off as it triggered memories of my own abuse. this series deals with such heavy, life destroying subject matter yet is so gleeful and full of life. i looove the friendship between Terry and Arabella. It is problematic, rich and true. That scene in episode 1 where Terry puts Arabella to bed and asks "where is your head scarf?" maaaaan. yes, just yes. it's a series that both angers me and draws me in.. just the fact that we are already part of the most vulnerable due to our black skin and we keep putting ourselves in even more vulnerable positions to be preyed upon and taken advantage of. UGH. definitely had flashbacks to my horrible mistakes of old all in the name of but i'm having a good tiiiime. we need to do better in protecting ourselves. and recognizing red flag behaviour and putting a stop to it immediately. the fetishizing of Arabella by the men she meets. gross. the way she just flings herself into bed with them. i just want to scream baby noooo but she's finding herself though. finding her strength. i wish that for every person who sees themselves in this series.

• Jun 27, 2020

Amazingly well acted.

Amazingly well acted.

• Jun 26, 2020

BARF! Horrible, bad acting, bad script, just plain crappy.

BARF! Horrible, bad acting, bad script, just plain crappy.