Insatiable: Season 1 Reviews

• Sep 06, 2020

This black comedy is all about authenticity - people searching for their true selves - whether it is the teen heroine herself, or her drunken mother, or her best girl friend, or her mentor Bob, or his wife or his gay lover. Nearly every main character in the story is fighting for her or his own realization in competition with that of the others. This TV series will become a cult. It is bold, imaginative, hilarious, and fearless. Its cynical and satirical humour, which doesn‘t give a damn about perceived political correctness, reminds us of free spirited classical comedies like Absoluetly Fabulous, and Mondy Python. Congratulations!

• Jul 22, 2020

I was hopeful in the beginning, it looked like a fun series, but it very quickly stopped being about training for beauty pageants to take revenge on school bullies, and at one point a whole story arch where the main character's convinced she's possessed by a literal demon enters the scene. The issue with Insatiable is that it feels like many different plots jammed together, and it makes for an objectively bad story. Characters who do criminally shitty things are forgiven or forgotten about, small matters are overreacted to, and happiness can never last, as something cheap and dumb will always happen to take it away. As is also common in these genres, the drama exists out of hasty romances and immediate break-ups.

• Jun 09, 2020

Very weird show. Some of the scenes are very funny and entertaining. The concept is so different, that it is kind of enjoyable. There is one extremely big problem with it. The storyline. There isn't any. Except in the last episode. But the other ones are just pure entertainment, that worked well enough for a netflix show.

• May 02, 2020

Dallas Roberts is very strange, and not in a good way: his face is too small for his head. And that's about the only good thing to say about this series, aside from Debby Ryan, who at least is pleasant to watch, until she starts trying to act.

• Apr 21, 2020

I love Insatiable and was sad to hear it wasn't coming back for a third season. It's a light and playful show that brings a lot of awareness to heavy issues without ruining the comedy. That isn't an easy thing to pull off, but they did it well. I'm hoping the show gets picked up elsewhere, because after all - it's the audience that matters, not the critics.

• Feb 26, 2020

This show starts out a bit confusing, but it was absolutely hilarious so I decided to keep watching. Then, towards the end of season one, it became jaw dropping. The way it starts, I would have never thought this show would turn out to be a thriller. I was hooked and had to finish season two. Honestly, I'm pissed there isn't a third season.

• Feb 23, 2020

I laughed each single episode. I'm so sad it was cancelled

I laughed each single episode. I'm so sad it was cancelled

• Jan 29, 2020

season 1 was fantastic! it was supposed to make the audience think a little and maybe feel bad.. however season 2 wasn't as good, there were a few good moments but overall it didn't compare to the first season when it came to the story and the development of the characters.

• Jan 11, 2020

New Guilty pleasure.

New Guilty pleasure.

• Jan 05, 2020

Many shows stir up drama but never really "go there". This show pushes everything off the edge and then some, in a very satisfying way. I loved the roller coaster the show takes you on around how your view the main character Patty constantly changes from start to finish and the complexities of "image" affecting this. Super fun (albeit dark) show.