Kingdom: Ashin of the North Reviews

• Nov 03, 2021

Without the intelligence of the series, this movie is a sloppy blunder.

Without the intelligence of the series, this movie is a sloppy blunder.

• Nov 02, 2021

No where near as good as the first two seasons, seems to be thrown together Mary Sue style... more than likely not based on the books...

• Sep 24, 2021

Definitely disappointing after watching kingdom. You keep waiting for it to pick up and it barely ever does.

• Sep 12, 2021

Wow one of the best zombie movies I have ever seen. I hope Netflix gets a season 3 and 4 of Kingdom.

• Sep 12, 2021

This was a very good special episode/tv film and adds more scope to this awesome series. The acting and the story were great, the scenery too, especially focusing less on the royalty and more on the other side of a feudal kingdom should have been like. I really want this series to expand into multiple media, as possibilities are great after watching this.

• Sep 12, 2021

Enjoyable if a little confusing at times and not as good as the previous two seasons, mainly due to the lack of memorable characters and the lead character being somewhat unhinged.

• Aug 10, 2021

A special episode, more like a movie, of the South Korean series Kingdom. The story is about the origin of Ashin. When it comes to the theme of vengeance, South Korean movies are the best with brutal ways of revenging that can make my stomach churns. This movie again proves this point with another disturbing way of exacting revenge. The first two-third of the movie was about setting up the events before the first season of the show. Most importantly, however, was the buildup of circumstances that justified vengeance from the main character. This part was done well enough that made the last third incredibly disturbing and ruthless. My problem was about the mechanism of the plague itself. I felt like there might be some conflict between what happened in this movie and what happened in the show. Overall, another great revenge thriller that furthered the story of Kingdom universe. 8.5/10 This part below is **SPOILER ALERT to season 2 of Kingdom and the movie**. Wow this movie is basically a villain's origin of story. Ashin was so badass and her motivations were justified. It also connected well to the series, making Ashin even a bigger threat than the royal clan. Can't wait to see Ashin vs Crowned Prince.

• Aug 08, 2021

Great addition to the Kingdom series, providing some thought provoking back story to what will no doubt be one of the main protaganists. Can't wait for season 3. Like seriously, please hurry up! I need my next fix for one of my favorite shows in TV.

• Aug 01, 2021

She is the storm from the north. Ashin orphaned and abused by the Kingdom take it apart piece by piece. Truly enchanting story of an avenger. A well crafted story strong character setup and realistic acting. Exquisite special effects and great visuals.

• Jul 31, 2021

I dissapointed to this special episode. My advice is don't have any high expectation on this movie. The plot pace is so slow -unlike its main series- with a horrible execution at the beginning. It's not worth to watch if you are not following kingdom series. But for kingdom series fans, it's still an important spin-off to know deeper about Ashin and the sick (even this movie isn't explained much about the ressurection plant. Hope in season 3 will).