Love: Season 1 Reviews

• Apr 25, 2019

Best show I've seen in a long time! Great humor, great writing in general I love love love it!!! Mickey And Gus all the way!!!

• Jan 21, 2019

Reminds me of "Say Anything." It is about people who have no filters, which are always the most interesting and annoying people, so the good and bad reviews are both right. The main actors are very good and the supporting cast is just as good. The twists and turns are worthwhile. I'm not sure this is a rom com, because you are not that invested in the romance, but more in her independant struggle and his. The biggest reason you like them is that their friends are lovable and love them. Much of the healing comes from those other relationships.

• Dec 16, 2018

The main issue: The borderline hideous male lead, Gus, and a problem we see so, SO often. It is extremely distracting when we see extremely homely guys baggin 10s and havin threesomes w/ such. It's so very stupid, but more importantly, WHOLLY unnecessary to the episodes' stories. Outside of that -- and wish it had a more believable/attractive male lead -- the comedy & writing is really good, witty & original.

• Apr 13, 2018

This is a fabulous show! From the first episode, it's like a book you cannot put down. I am fascinated by the insightful writing. Love the way it flows. I love the subtle way the plot unfolds, with tension in unusual places. I love Gus and Mickie's relationship dynamics and the dialog is excellent. Just excellent. The only thing I do not like about this show is the title. "Love" is too common and hard to pass on to friends. Something like, well, I don't know what else to call it either. Anyway, wonderful show!!! Very relevant and real.

• Oct 12, 2017

The MC of the show sounds like a 10 year old child. Its very hard to take him/her seriously. Ill could never watch this show if I had to listen to him. Its a shame because I was excited about this show.

• Sep 21, 2017

Great writing and acting, makes you read between the lines of the subtleties of contemporary relationships.

• Jul 08, 2017

Half a star added for the last 2-3 minutes.of the show.

Half a star added for the last 2-3 minutes.of the show.

• May 29, 2017

Wow, terrific! Can't believe this flew under my radar screen. Probably because of the simplistic name. Pretty raw, hilarious look at the birth of a relationship.

• Mar 25, 2017

This was a great romantic comedy tv show. Really felt more like a movie than a tv show. It was really well done. The acting was well done. I really enjoyed it. I have already watched both seasons. Produced by Judd Apatow the same guy that did 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked UP. If you enoyed those type of movies I am sure you would like this show.

• Mar 16, 2017

I don't get it. I went along for 8 episodes because Gillian is always authentic and believable as whatever character but I still don't get it. OK my testosterone over-ruled my brain after the scene with Emily and Jennifer in EP01 but hijacked brain aside that's part of what I do not get. Is everyone in the L.A. scene Caucasian and/or Jewish? The scene where the guy is handing out sandwiches talking about how he came to L.A. to do more is parody, right? Riiiight? Like the show sees it, but is OK with leaving it as such. And it often feels like an excuse to put attractive women in sex scenes with schlubs to let the vicarious fantasy play in the minds of schlubs in the audience. For no real enhancement of the story. But I understand I may be just somehow out of the loop on this. Again, I just don't get it.