Love: Season 3 Reviews

• Aug 22, 2019

Amazing look into love and all the multi faceted components that go into relationships.

• Feb 09, 2019

This was a great end to the story told in this tv series. Nevertheless, this season and this tv series deserved a better final episode has the one that it had felt different from the other ones with a different pace.

• Aug 15, 2018

I just watched all three seasons of Love over the course of about two weeks, what a great show! I feel like three seasons was the perfect length for Mickey and Gus' story arc, but if they made a fourth season I'd probably watch it too. In the first season Mickey was a serious mess. At times I found her obsession with Gus a little hard to believe. She's absolutely beautiful and would have a million options in the real world. Gus put up with a LOT of selfishness and craziness from her and it made me a little cynical about how beautiful people like Mickey can get away with terrible behavior. Guys will just ignore all the bad stuff to be someone that looks like that. I also found all the women throwing themselves at Gus a little hard to believe, particularly the sister threesome thing, but hey, it's a show so i just kind of accepted it. It was hilarious seeing Gus screw up so many opportunities both personal and professional. Season two was probably my favorite. I think some of the funniest stuff happened on the set of Witchita. I was super impressed with the casting on this show. It was fairly diverse, and every actor really nailed their parts. The mushroom trip episode was pretty hilarious, especially Randy's pronunciation of Cah-yo-tay. One thing I'm surprised they never gave closure on was Mickey hooking up with her old boyfriend while Gus was away on the movie job. This was something that could have really tested Gus and it would have been good to see. I thought for sure it was going to come up during the wedding episode when Gus' ex fiance was triggering Mickey, but I guess the writers didn't want to include it. Maybe the message is that a few mistakes in relationships are okay and sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie. I took a hiatus from dating about a year ago, and this show had me flip flopping between really wanting to be in a relationship and also really glad I'm not in one! In the end this show is incredibly romantic and it's left me with a strange hope that I might experience love again someday. Incidentally, I love how in the first episode or two they basically said romance is BS and manufactured by movies, then over the course of three seasons they totally reinforced that romantic love and relationships getting better over time really do happen. :) (One final tid bit, I loved Andy Dick's part, and also some of the other well known actors that showed up like Ed Begley and David Spade, but it was a little weird to see Andy playing himself but the other actors playing characters. No big deal but felt a little distracting at times.)

• Jun 06, 2018

Absolute Garbage, I can see why they cancelled it. At it's peek it only had 5/10 writing but in season 3 that turned into 1/10, because it became obvious that this wasn't a show about a relationship flourishing but instead the humor of a writer/main star who doesn't understand humor or witt and has the LITERAL appeal of a piece of wood.

• Apr 08, 2018

I kept up with this show because season one was okay and I was very bored. It just kept getting worse. Maybe the writers thought that making the main characters as flawed as possible would make things interesting. It just made them so incredibly annoying. Some characters are just walking caricatures and it's not even funny. Way too many clichés. At first I thought that Mickey would be the most annoying character... But Gus. Oh god, Gus. The "people-pleaser" who thinks he's a nice guy and refuses to see he's actually an awful person until pretty much the last minute. Even Mickey deserves better than a Gus. I cannot find a show enjoyable when its main characters are so irritating.

• Mar 31, 2018

This show is in it own lane this show is great amazing wriGing I hate that this is the laSt season like what the hell is wrOng with netflix this show need Another season please

• Mar 31, 2018

This is the 3rd and Final season of Love. It's been mostly fun with some funny awkward moments with the characters self destructive behavior. But I'm glad they are wrapping this series up since there is nothing ground breaking going on and I think they've taken this show to it's limit.

• Mar 29, 2018

Love's third and reportedly final season is likely its strongest. Not only does it have a more palpable understanding of modern relationships this year, but it also proves insightful into the entertainment industry. Gus and Mickey's career paths (working in film and radio respectively) actually supply the show with some of its best fodder, and makes one consider the potential of an Apatow series with a stronger focus in that arena. All the characters get solid character development this year too, particularly Bertie who gets a stand-alone episode this year and it results in perhaps a series-best (Few characters on TV right now are more deserving of a spin-off, to be honest). It doesn't have a particularly strong ending, but the trek getting there is breezy and enjoyable, and it's a fine way to hold yourself over until the next season of You're the Worst begins.

• Mar 24, 2018