Mars: Season 1 Reviews

• Amy A Super Reviewer
    Mar 11, 2019

Definitely different, this TV series shines a light to the fascination many of us have with the idea of earth people forming a colony on Mars, but... this show lacks heart. The pacing is wrong. It seems too quick and jagged. The scenes lack detail, often just skimming the surface. However, the parallels between documentary-style 2016 and fictional 2033+ show an interesting comparison to what may be in our near future, based on factual events that are happening today. Today's facts, which are revealed in the documentary by interviews and actual news footage, foreshadow the fictional future in a way I've never seen depicted with a television series. I admire the boldness of this series. It's just misses the mark and lacks emotion. It's as cold as space.

• Mar 02, 2019

Brilliant and underrated. I thought this "documentary" was in a class of it's own and deserves a new genre in that it showed a sci-fi version of the future of where we are headed to draw the audience in, then shifts back to the past and present to show what events back the storyline. I love documentaries, but I get bored easily and don't commit much of the information too long term memory. After watching this series not only was I fully entertained, but was able to rattle off information as if I took a semester of the history of space exploration.

• Mar 01, 2019

The last episode is the worst i've seen ever. The ignorance of the writers and editors is honestly amazing. Apparently the green house has a door that go straight into the open air, no air lock, NOTHING. And they had no way of locking this off while watching him open it. I'm just not convinced that whoever wrote this is dumb enough to think there wouldn't be an airlock ANYWHERE that leads out doors. End of rant, sorry that just made me so mad thinking this was a well thought out docu/drama.

• Feb 26, 2019

Its a great show. Ive seen just about every scifi show and movie out there. However, constantly inserting historical clips and interviews (50%) of the time gets annoying and boring, just play the show we all wanna see, 2037 not 2016

• Feb 24, 2019

Excellent cast and I love how they bring in scientists commentary.

Excellent cast and I love how they bring in scientists commentary.

• Feb 10, 2019

Just finished binge-watching this Netflix series. Awesome !!

Just finished binge-watching this Netflix series. Awesome !!

• Jan 10, 2019

Better than season 2.

Better than season 2.

• Jan 08, 2019

I hate the format. Too many political agendas being espoused and not enough actual science. Commentary is pompous.

• Dec 18, 2018

I love the style of weaving an educational program together with a fictional story that helps viewers grasp the challenges of traveling to and living on Mars.

• Dec 16, 2018

What many fail to see tis that this is not a drama with documentary interspersed to support it, but the opposite. A documentary with a drama line to support it.