Marvel's The Punisher: Season 1 Reviews

• Jul 09, 2019

Not nearly as interesting as his time spent in Daredevil. But it does get interesting enough towards the end of the series after a very slow start.

• Jul 08, 2019

a weaker show still great but its pacing was off felt 2 fast at some points and 2 slow at others

• Jul 03, 2019

One of the best written tv shows ever. There is great character exploration here with not just the titular one. It has some great although sometimes gratuitous action as well as suspensful intrigue. It's kind of genre specific, but an all around great watch.

• Jun 25, 2019

Anyone who hates The Punisher will indeed be punished!

Anyone who hates The Punisher will indeed be punished!

• Jun 20, 2019

The first season of "The Punisher" has superiority and the great system as one of the Marvel anti-hero characters. Of course, this series has interesting dynamics between the protagonist and antagonist, making it unique from other Marvel series. Even though the main villain has a small portion, this series still gives an important thing. However, the chemistry between Russo and Castle is the most interesting part too. The battle between the Punisher and Jigsaw would be more interesting in the second season.

• May 26, 2019

First of all I am a huge Jon Bernthal fan and I absolutely loved this series. There were a few things I did feel dragged on and A episode or two that i might have got bored with but over all I loved the characters I loved the relationships between the characters. The guy who played Micro I thought did a spectacular job, I feel like he really nailed the character.

• May 24, 2019

It's a good season overall, but sometimes it get lost on what's the main focus of the history

• May 18, 2019

I do not like the actor that played Frank Castle. The show is great, very well done. He didn't totally mess it up but his acting is pretty bad. I took away a star just for his acting. He was just as awful in the Walking Dead as well. A recast would give it 5 Stars!!!

• May 09, 2019

I actually fucked up with this tv show...The Punisher!! U mother fuckers,assholes,son of bitches...what the fuckin climax scene that u fucked me up with a fuckin unprofessional bitch lady police officer shots billy russo! Who the fuckin bitch are u to show like this about billy russo character...when curtis like assholes can't do anything! Then who the fuck is this madani...so dare to touch that fuckin retarded billy!! I don't like the climax where u totally messed us with some bullshit content! Which doesn't suit to my expectations...what do u think Dr.kristen dumont expected of billy in her bed scene in climax!! I was expecting Frank to end this scene which was so good to digest atleast! AND moreover Madani character is so overrated..in which she was shown like some great police officer which is so bad to see...when it comes to shoot a marine!! Fuck u assholes,Fuck ur mama,Fuck ur whole goddamn bullshit! I was expecting billy in the next season...for sure!!Change ur minds cause villians too becomes heroes at some part���! Just start new season..and have a serious discussion with netflix..and make it happen! Without billy ur show was fuckin underrated like ur fuckin underrated madani bullshit! Fuck u assholes

• Apr 28, 2019

One Bud Light away from being a stereotypical army bro's wet dream, 'The Punisher' is very clearly aimed at a specific demographic: military veterans, all my respect to them. The themes and narrative being told are laser-focused on exploring issues of PTSD, identity/purpose after the war, and even gun control, all with characters meant to elicit the right kinds of emotion at the right time. Unfortunately, though the second half picks up the pace, the season's main villain's B-plot isn't much good, another main supporting FBI agent character isn't very interesting ('Daredevil's' Deborah Ann Woll is at least a pleasant addition in a guest role), and a preachy side character and story interfere with the overall, mostly tired conspiracy narrative being told. As fully devoted as Jon Bernthal is to the damaged role of Frank Castle, the show's lead also feels too depersonalized from the audience on a writing standpoint to fully relate to on his mission of callous revenge. But the thing about 'The Punisher's' first season is how surprisingly responsible it is through it all. There's nothing cool about the ultra-violence Frank employs, just pure horror at how far the broken man will go (and it pushes the boundaries of taste) to make his enemies suffer, and vice versa. With the topical material at hand, the show fully sticks the landing in what it's trying to achieve.