Marvel's Cloak & Dagger: Season 1 Reviews

• 3d ago

This tv series is great: the acting is very good, the two main characters share a good connection, the drama and superhero elements are well balanced and deserves more.

• Aug 23, 2019

Less dark and gritty than their Netflix Marvel series' counterparts, but Cloak & Dagger is compelling none the less. A good introduction to the origin amongst trying to flesh out the characters and their powers. Some of the teenage angst is fun but the "everything is pointless" mentality does begin to wear a bit thin, but Cloak and Dagger finally start working together. I especially enjoyed Nöelle Reneé Bercy's Voodoo teen queen Evita and Ally Maki's environmental warrior Mina Hess and Tim Kang as her father, Ivan who makes a never ending insanity rather funny. Looking forward to season two.

• Aug 17, 2019

Honestly I had very high hopes for this show. First and foremost I must say the acting was very done very well! which was the reason I didn't rate this lower. That being said the writers of this show are my main problem. I appreciate the fact that they try to convey the mindset and feelings of both Tyrone and Tandy BUT there are way too many instances where they portray the 2 SOOOOOO unbelievably naive its just absolutely unconvincing. No matter how well the actors did their job thats only half the battle. One example which almost made me stop watching the show completely was season 1 episode 7. (Spoiler Alert) That entire episode left me SOOOO unbelievably Annoyed. One minute Tandy can't get herself to leave over a stupid ass phone call (Yes I understand the loss of a close 1 can be difficult as I've gone through that myself) and just stands there staring at the phone like some moron deer in headlights. Im not sure if the writers were trying TOO hard or not hard at all. Then when she's finally over the stupid phone call she's there lecturing Hess. This cycle of Emotions (Usually negative) which leads the characters to one another; followed by reluctance of the others help, only to go through the most unnecessarily annoying drama which leads to the conclusion of conflict when the 2 work together. Then it stats ALL OVER AGAIN. This show honestly has me SOO ANNOYED which is why I'm on here ranting. if you watch the show there will be much to love about it, BUT even more to HATE. Choose wisely my friends....

• Jul 20, 2019

Great series. Good characters and character development. At times confusing editing between multiple scenes and timelines. Would have been better with just a little less of those. Only brief/smaller logical issues. Awful audio volume mixing.

• Jul 07, 2019

this was a solid season tyrone and tandy are both very interesting

this was a solid season tyrone and tandy are both very interesting

• Jul 06, 2019

This show can be an acquired taste. There is a ton of drama in it, which may turn people off, but the tone of the show keeps me coming back. It's pretty dark with some themes and isn't your typical show, but it's unique. That's what I'll give it. Unique. The characters work really well together and the story is interesting enough. The politics in the show can be overdone though.

• Jun 19, 2019

Great Acting honestly. But the script... My God... You have to really look for anything more PC, Everything is "Awww rich white girl is having it so easy in her life (To which her obvious reply is "You don't know my struggle!") and most most most of the black charachters are always going about how hard it is to be black. They fall off becouse of some small shit, come back together becouse "They can't survive without eachother", rince and repeat time after time, again and again. Same story every 2 episodes. If you're looking for something exciting to watch without cringing every episode of how unnatural their behaviour towards eachother is nonstop, look somewhere else. Most of it feels like dialogue about how bad they feel about bla bla bla all the time. Not Recommended, unless you're a 13-year old who don't care if it's good or not, since it's MCU....

• May 25, 2019

Don't trust the reviews! Outside of inhumans this by far the worst thing marvel has ever made.

• May 24, 2019

Cloak and Dagger has great characters and enveloping storytelling, but its disappointing ending leaves some to be desired.

• May 24, 2019

An amazing and underappreciated show about two different, yet difficult worlds colliding. It's deep and tough and brings forth important subjects in a good way. The suspence is exceptional and the two characters are amazing when they learn to work together. I also love all the work that has been put into making understandable scenes that happen within minds of Tyrone, Tandy and those they come in contact with, it brings another level to the show that others don't have.