Marvel's Cloak & Dagger: Season 1 Reviews

• Dec 31, 2020

So sloooooooowwwww, borderline boring. I had so much hope for this series.

So sloooooooowwwww, borderline boring. I had so much hope for this series.

• Dec 23, 2020

serie fraca para mim poderia ter melhorado legal bom e tal

serie fraca para mim poderia ter melhorado legal bom e tal

• Dec 10, 2020

That's why I love it

That's why I love it

• Oct 12, 2020

Very mediocre and boring.

Very mediocre and boring.

• Jul 23, 2020

If you thought the Netflix shows felt disconnected from the rest of the MCU, just wait till you see this show. Sure, Roxxon, a corporation you might remember from the second season of Agent Carter, is important to the story but replace the name and you've got another show that has me doubting whether or not its even canon to begin with. Seriously, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the aforementioned Agent Carter are the only shows that actually feel like they're in the same universe. And since all the shows got cancelled, S.H.I.E.L.D. is coming to a natural end and Jeph Loeb left Marvel Television, we never will get to see how everybody adapted to a post-Infinity War era. Now that I've vented out my frustrations as to why the MCU shows feel pretty inconsequential to the franchise in the grand scheme of things, what did I think of the first season of Cloak & Dagger? It's good. Not great, mostly because of pacing issues which I think are more blatant here than in the Netflix shows since the season only has ten episodes to win viewers over, compared to thirteen. But it still had enough moments in the earlier episodes to keep me interested. Then we get to the seventh episode. Because of the scenario alone, I found it to be hands-down the best episode of the season. The acting is really good and I do like the character development our two protagonists go through as well as finding it interesting how they learn to control their powers and use them to their advantages for their own separate motives. Similar to movies like Unbreakable, the first season of this short-lived series shows that you can make superhero media that has few, short action sequences work effectively. Relying on that sweet, sweet grit, man. Even if it is somewhat lighter in tone, when compared to the Netflix shows. Critics praised the show's New Orleans setting...good for them. I didn't find anything special except for that Auntie Chantelle character and Mardi Gras. No disrespect, just that I didn't find anything special about it other than having our characters conveniently far away from the crazy stuff that happens in the movies and other TV shows. While the first season of Cloak & Dagger certainly isn't MCU television at its most compelling, its far from disastrous either and still warrants being seen for anybody binge-watching all MCU movies and TV shows, at the moment.

• May 05, 2020

I stopped 3 episodes in. Slow, preachy. #getwokegobroke

I stopped 3 episodes in. Slow, preachy. #getwokegobroke

• Jan 30, 2020

Solid enough. Slow start and the climax doesn't explain as much as it should. Things start to pick up around episode 7. They don't have any mentors so they are figuring it all out on their own. It's more grounded like the other superhero shows but these characters actually have abilities which do get used, but not in a way that is fully satisfying. I'm not sure what is missing but perhaps it will be there in season 2.

• Sep 18, 2019

This tv series is great: the acting is very good, the two main characters share a good connection, the drama and superhero elements are well balanced and deserves more.

• Aug 23, 2019

Less dark and gritty than their Netflix Marvel series' counterparts, but Cloak & Dagger is compelling none the less. A good introduction to the origin amongst trying to flesh out the characters and their powers. Some of the teenage angst is fun but the "everything is pointless" mentality does begin to wear a bit thin, but Cloak and Dagger finally start working together. I especially enjoyed Nöelle Reneé Bercy's Voodoo teen queen Evita and Ally Maki's environmental warrior Mina Hess and Tim Kang as her father, Ivan who makes a never ending insanity rather funny. Looking forward to season two.

• Aug 17, 2019

Honestly I had very high hopes for this show. First and foremost I must say the acting was very done very well! which was the reason I didn't rate this lower. That being said the writers of this show are my main problem. I appreciate the fact that they try to convey the mindset and feelings of both Tyrone and Tandy BUT there are way too many instances where they portray the 2 SOOOOOO unbelievably naive its just absolutely unconvincing. No matter how well the actors did their job thats only half the battle. One example which almost made me stop watching the show completely was season 1 episode 7. (Spoiler Alert) That entire episode left me SOOOO unbelievably Annoyed. One minute Tandy can't get herself to leave over a stupid ass phone call (Yes I understand the loss of a close 1 can be difficult as I've gone through that myself) and just stands there staring at the phone like some moron deer in headlights. Im not sure if the writers were trying TOO hard or not hard at all. Then when she's finally over the stupid phone call she's there lecturing Hess. This cycle of Emotions (Usually negative) which leads the characters to one another; followed by reluctance of the others help, only to go through the most unnecessarily annoying drama which leads to the conclusion of conflict when the 2 work together. Then it stats ALL OVER AGAIN. This show honestly has me SOO ANNOYED which is why I'm on here ranting. if you watch the show there will be much to love about it, BUT even more to HATE. Choose wisely my friends....