McMillion$: Season 1 Reviews

• Jul 23, 2021

Brilliant. Should have one the Emmy for best doc series.

Brilliant. Should have one the Emmy for best doc series.

• Mar 16, 2021

It's too long. Sadly you get paid more money for having a longer documentary, so we get something like this. They let many of interviewees babble about themselves and what they thought of other participants in the scheme. Anyone with any sense cares only about a few things: How the scheme went down? How the investigation went down? How everything turned out? A little extra here and there is acceptable, but this was way too much.

• Jan 10, 2021

Entertaining show, but could have made the same impact with half the episodes

Entertaining show, but could have made the same impact with half the episodes

• Aug 08, 2020

Could have been one or two episodes. 6 seemed like wayyyyy too long.

Could have been one or two episodes. 6 seemed like wayyyyy too long.

• Aug 02, 2020

Interesting combo meal of a story that includes McDonalds, Monopoly, the Mafia, fraud and the FBI. Super-sized into 6 slow episodes, when same story could've more tightly been told in 3 or 4.

• Jul 19, 2020

An interesting look a major criminal operation that had McDonalds and North America fooled

• Jul 13, 2020

Felt it was dragged out too far, but still enjoyable. Absolutely loved that last scene 😂

• Jun 10, 2020

Should have been half the length.

Should have been half the length.

• Jun 07, 2020

Mc3hourstoolong Peely peely! For me, McDonalds Monopoly is the last bastion of the true heart of marketing. Philanthropy. For me, the real joy of Christmas morning is that it marks exactly three months until my trips through the Golden Arches increase threefold. I think the tragedy here is that the twenty nugget Sharebox has historically been neglected by the big cats at burger town. In lieu of this years event, HBOs McMillions has appeared. Doug Matthews, is a triumphant maverick. His endeavours to bring to justice the wicked rabble duping a benevolent Ronald McDonald are inspiring, particularly the moment he tackles a beach bum who fled with a five foot tall winners cheque. But six hours is a very long time. Long enough to ponder the value of several dozen FBI agents spending months investigating a white-collar fraud against the architects of childhood obesity, only for Chief Peeler Jerry to receive 36 months and a $370 dollar a month repayment plan. Ex con AJ Glomb is notorious peeler dealer. He says he would do it again. Glombie, count me in. The most I've peeled is a free apple strudel, and im about ready to pass go. Last night I had my first post-cOvid box of nuggets. March 2021 can't come soon enough.

• May 30, 2020

This series could've been told in 4 episodes. 6 episodes was a slow burn that got painful after episode 4. It was interesting, but the FBI is a disgrace to allow the case to carry on for a dozen years. This could have been solved in 3 years and it wouldn't have branched out like it did. But no, the FBI wants to sit back to see how far it will go, then finally make a big bust for all their glory. Many lives were ruined and thousands of unsuspecting victims who took part in the Monopoly game thinking it was legit. I just can't believe McDonald's and the FBI let it carry on for so long letting people get screwed.