Nikita: Season 1 Reviews

• Sep 09, 2019

I loved the main cast, especially Maggie Q, but this is really nothing more than a cartoon. It can't be taken seriously. If you just want a popcorn flick for a rainy afternoon, fine, but don't expect anything to be credible.

• Jun 24, 2018

The best series I have ever seen.

The best series I have ever seen.

• Jul 17, 2016

The plot has energy and direction. Decent nearly mindless entertainment. Sexing up the promo material is tiresome and predictable but unnecessary. Strong performance by Maggie Q.

• Jun 16, 2016

Too superficial compared to e.g. 'Person of Interest', mediocre to bad acting, driving motives established in story-lines only credible for kids.

• Feb 27, 2016

Nikita is better acted than I would have expected, though Shane West can be a little grating as Agent Michael. Maggie Q and Lindsey Fonseca shine in particular, and the action scenes make Nikita a stronger spy-series than Alias. Though the backstory was a bit confusing for me, the world was very interesting to explore. My only real criticism is the implausibility of the setups; the characters are running around the world so frequently the show makes it feel like they're teleporting instantly to avoid slowing the show down.

• Dec 15, 2015

outstanding writing, great direction, acting excellent

outstanding writing, great direction, acting excellent

• Nov 08, 2015

I was a fan of the previous La Femme Nikita series starring Peta Wilson (which isn't even listed on here). It turns out I like this one too. Plenty of action. Added in to this series: female friendship, which adds a lot to the storyline. Two strong women, Nikita and Alex, work together as allies to take down a corrupt and dangerous covert government organization called Division, one brick at a time. Seeing them make progress satisfies. Eventually, the ladies bring on board a couple of guys working for Division: Michael and Birkhoff, which scratches an itch from the previous La Femme Nikita series (I always wanted these guys along with Nikita to turn against Section I, but they never did). The ruthless leaders of Division, Percy and Amanda, surprise in how their roles are shaken up from their predecessors, Operations and Madeleine. Even though Amanda somehow gets the best of Percy, he gives the impression of maintaining control and having every option planned out, or does he? Amanda doesn't let him psych her out, and continues with her goals for Alex, the heir to a Russian oil empire. Just like in the previous La Femme Nikita series, there is romance between Michael and Nikita. While La Femme Nikita didn't take that as far as I would've liked it to go, this one does, satisfyingly so.

• Nov 09, 2014

When its at its best its superb, it unfortunately has a few dud episodes that slows things down. The cast are superb, mixing beauty with real acting chops.

• Jul 20, 2014

I can't stop thinking how amazing this show was at its prime.

I can't stop thinking how amazing this show was at its prime.

• Feb 25, 2014

A pulpy action-serial that's actually a bit better than other shows of the ilk (I.E. Alias). While at times the show's backstory can be annoyingly heavy, and it's not without it's tawdry episodes, the show gets by through strong writing and an affable lead turn from Maggie Q. Those looking for a chicks-with-guns show to get into could do a lot worse than this.