Nurse Jackie: Season 7 Reviews

• Jul 12, 2020

It's been five years since Nurse Jackie's finale on Showtime. I don't often watch television programs more than once, but trapped at home during this pandemic in a time when this nation has so profoundly lost its innocence, being in the company of this enormously likeable cast is a great comfort. Watching a second time – this time streaming two or three episodes a night on Netflix – I'm impressed how the writers managed to keep so much of this tragic-comedy lighthearted. Meanwhile, at its the center, Edie Falco gives a brave performance that can have you loving or hating her in a space of moments. So many shows break your heart because they are dishonest. Nurse Jackie breaks your heart because it ends as it has to: breaking the hearts of everyone who loves her.

• May 06, 2020

Nurse Jackie closes its doors with the feeling of hope, empathy, and foresight for a better tomorrow despite all that has happened.

• Jan 02, 2017

This was actually a pretty good show dealing with drug addictions and the devastation it can bring. Too bad in it's 7th season the writers/producers decided to turn it into a mushy politically correct and naive rambling so far removed from reality that the solid already existing plot and premise have little chances of surviving leaving you wandering if the writers of the late episodes of MASH and Weeds who successfully brought both shows to collapse took this one over. The villains are Norwegian investors wanting to buy the hospital (by the sellers of the hospitals are OK!) and greedy hospital administrators wanting the patients to pay for care (imagine that). My advice: watch seasons 1 through 6 and skip the 7th.

• Jan 31, 2016

I am only watching this season because I watched the others, it's one of those shows that isn't great, but you keep watching cause there's nothing else on. This season is freaking annoying. First off, why the hell would Jackie's supervisor not go against the lawyers when it is clear Jackie screwed up? Second, most addicts, who still aren't recovered, are too ashamed to look people in the eye, let alone hire a lawyer to fight their supervisor when they've been fired. Its just unrealistic. Jackies character is very annoying.

• Jul 24, 2015

The perfect ending to a perfect series. Beautifully done.

The perfect ending to a perfect series. Beautifully done.

• Jul 07, 2015

Loved this series - easily one of the best ones that I have ever followed!!

Loved this series - easily one of the best ones that I have ever followed!!

• Jun 29, 2015

I'd rate the finale 10 stars. It couldn't end any other another way. Bravo! Lynne

• Apr 01, 2015

So far, this final season is absolutely gripping television.

So far, this final season is absolutely gripping television.

• Feb 22, 2015

Great cast, superb writing. Excellent storyline grabs and holds your attention while dividing your loyalties.