Odd Mom Out: Season 1 Reviews

• Aug 23, 2016

Who ever said you can only have one comedy soul mate? I love Odd Mom Out and Broad City and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Veep.

• Aug 15, 2016

Hilarious! I look forward to Mondays and bread now.

Hilarious! I look forward to Mondays and bread now.

• Jun 25, 2016

I lived in NY for 7 years and really loved Gossip Girl for it's high class elitism and the amount of times a shot of a famous hotel or high end apartment building or neighborhood was shot. So, I tried Odd Mom Out- basically a grown- up version of Gossip Girl where everyone has kids. Right? Erm... not exactly... NY is merely a prop in the background of a low- intensity show that vaguely captures a woman on the outskirts of her social circle. She isn't trying to get "in." But she is trying to get "in" because her life is more convenient if she plays up that rich factor. Jill Weber (Jill Kargman) is a stay at home mom who seems pulled in many directions of where she wants her life to take her. Her husband comes from a wealthy family while he is a ho- hum law firm partner and can't afford the buy- in. In an ironic twist, if Jill actually accepted her fate that she is part of a family of stuffy, over- pretentious wealthy people and actually did try to fit in with them, her life would give her all the things that she wanted. She makes things a million times difficult by being judgmental of the people around her but then wanting what they have. I guess when I read the description of the show, I was hoping for an older Jenny Humphrey (Gossip Girl). Someone strong enough to not want to be anything like the rich bitties around her but was willing to put in the effort to actually get what she wants without compromising her character. So beyond the hypocrisies of the show and the fact that New York, arguably the greatest city in the world, is put on the back burner, the show is just ok. It's good for cheap laughs and there are some relatable points for stay at home mothers that have a hard time making friends.

• Aug 03, 2015

I could watch "Brooklandia" a dozen times! Love this show!

I could watch "Brooklandia" a dozen times! Love this show!

• Aug 03, 2015

LOL was created for comedies such as this. The writing is smart, hilariously funny & the characters endearing..

• Jul 15, 2015

Very clever and oh so funnY

Very clever and oh so funnY

• Jul 11, 2015

Absolutely love it. I'm neither a mother nor a New Yorker but this show is smart, silly, and totally cracks me up. Jill is hilarious!

• Jul 02, 2015

I like this show! The first episode turned me off to it a little bit, not sure why. It took me a couple of episodes to warm up to the characters and fully grasp the show's concept and character roles, but now, I love it. I'm all caught up and I'm ready for this week's episode.

• Jun 18, 2015

Non Stop Awesome, I haven't wanted to pay for a repeat Movies Ticket in years until this

• Jun 17, 2015

I have watched this scripted series for a couple of episodes and it is funny. Such a diverse set of characters. Hope it continues to be good!