On Becoming a God in Central Florida: Season 1 Reviews

• Jul 26, 2021

I'm surprised On Becoming a God is rated as high as it is. I so wanted to like it but alas, it promised way more than it was able to deliver. A black comedy about an MLM in boondocks Florida? Sign me up! But while I thought Kirsten Dunst and Théodore Pellerin both delivered fantastic performances, by the third or so episode, the plot just descended into surreal meaninglessness. Which might've been fine if it was entertaining instead of just boring. Maybe what bothered me the most was that after the first episode (which, mind you, I loved) they just gave up on the show being a comedy. The creators used shock tactics, cliffhangers and completely over the top scenarios to cover up bad, directionless writing.

• Jul 07, 2021

I absolutely loved this wacky, multi-level marketing mayhem. It's got a strong satiric bite and it's perfect for bingeing. Too bad we didn't get more Alexander Skarsgard. Kirsten Dunst is brilliant as ever.

• Jul 03, 2021

Starts out promising but so many missteps. The character development makes no sense. And worst of all, this show has no heart. (A shame for all the actors, who all rise above the material.)

• Jun 24, 2021

Thought this was brilliant! Superb acting from all. Well written, clever, different and attention to detail incredible and captured 80's so well. Brought me back to that time. So funny also, absurd, ridiculous but very clever

• Dec 03, 2020

Excellent series with an extraordinary Kristen Dunst, I love this actress of a magnificent talent who raises the whole series, an excellent screenplay and a nice sarcastic vision of money. A black sarcastic comedy, where we laugh in certain situations and we stoke the underlying plot of the dramatic side, the whole is very coherent and with this main actress who shines there, she alone ignites the whole series.

• Oct 07, 2020

Slow pacing. Meandering narrative. Mirthful at best.

Slow pacing. Meandering narrative. Mirthful at best.

• Dec 31, 2019

Loved it! I want more! When is the next season start?

Loved it! I want more! When is the next season start?

• Dec 10, 2019

I love Kirsten dunst

I love Kirsten dunst

• Dec 02, 2019

Great times binge watching this!

Great times binge watching this!

• Nov 30, 2019