Onision: In Real Life: Season 1 Reviews

• Jul 27, 2021

I was recommended to watch this by a friend last month, and as someone who used to watch a bunch of YouTubers back in 2014-2017, the name Onision rang a bell. I finally got around to watching all four episodes, and I think this series is effective in both introducing the kind of online "villain" Onision has been known as for years due to his antagonizing behavior and introducing the very real consequences of him abusing his power as a (once-popular) YouTuber. I highly recommend every person who has come across this series to watch the fourth episode of this series, titled "Sarah Speaks", even though it's not listed here. That last episode is where one of Onision's victims has claimed that there is an ongoing investigation that I see some of these reviews fail to mention due to, by my understanding, the misinterpretation of a police report. So for those who hope that someone's still keeping an eye on him, I hope this comes as some slight relief. I am very disappointed that some people have chosen to refuse to understand the gravity of the situation, but I hope that more people can look at Onision as an example of who to really avoid on the internet.

• Jul 25, 2021

After watching this, I was left with disbelief. I am so confused as to what this doc was even getting at? What are the allegations? what exactly did he do, again? not only this, allegations that spread around the internet came out as false with an official police report being released that the officer in charge of the investigation could not find a single shred of evidence. Shiloh and Sarah, two girls who claimed to be victims, even admit he didn't harm them/pray on them/groom them etc. Like it just looks like revenge to me at this point!!!! This is slander at its finest

• Jul 24, 2021

A perfect example of cancel culture ignorance and people jumping on the bandwagon of a trial by the media. The doc portrays like they're conducting an investigation when there was already an investigation before the doc was ever made that found NOTHING. The so called victims did not want to make a police report when contacted by the authorities, but they have no problem getting on a TV show that paid them. Highly suspicious that they didn't seek justice by proper means when they had the chance, but have no problem getting paid to make unfounded accusations. Classic tale of women spurned that seek vengeance instead of moving on. The doc was trashy, disjointed, bad journalism, completely one sided, and a downright slanderous witch hunt.

• Jul 24, 2021

I have no children myself, but I do have nieces and nephews that browse YouTube almost religiously and would have been the kind of young audience that this man, Onioson, has tried to appeal to. You can't trust anyone online these days! I pray that the FBI keeps a close eye on him.

• Jul 24, 2021

Truly frightening that this disgusting man is still allowed to create content on YouTube and young girls can still contact him. He needs to be banned from the internet. I pray the FBI do their job well. This was a riveting series and really kept my attention.

• Apr 25, 2021

Sloppy and compromises it's own journalistic integrity.

Sloppy and compromises it's own journalistic integrity.

• Mar 04, 2021

I think for people that don't know much about Onision, this is a good place to start. However, the doc missed a LOT of important things that demonstrate Greg to be the groomer he truly is. I think it could have used his own words and contradictions against him, but instead, the way the story was developed was a little all over the place. Regardless, I'm glad it was made, if at the very least to educate young people about the dangers online. I wish it got more into the aspect of grooming, but hey. Got the job done.

• Feb 18, 2021

Despite the controversy regarding how this show came about, I truly have to say, it's good for what it does. It gets the word about Onion out there to a larger, older audience with kids as well as exposes someone who has gotten away with pretty much everything without consequences. Because of this documentary, YouTube has banned Onion boy from their creator club (which means he no longer gets paid for making content) and has ultimately given away (in a way) his platform. Spreading awareness, in the end, is the biggest accomplishment this documentary has.

• Jan 26, 2021

Good springboard it isn't perfect but good for casual audience. It doesn't focus on Hansen so I doubt the one star reviewers actually watched it. I hope this will reach a wide enough audience for something to happen

• Jan 26, 2021

Even if you've followed the Onision saga for years, it's truly remarkable - albeit disturbing - to watch it all unfold on screen. A chilling cautionary tale, the series explores the Wild West of the internet, offering a glimpse into the mind of a monster...