Our Boys: Season 1 Reviews

• Oct 12, 2020

Never before have I seen a series that depicted Israel so intelligently and I was so unsure where it would go; I am by no means "very well-read" on these events and my own knowledge of these events is superficial at best but the depiction of this nation was in some way the most interesting "character" at all and made up for the occasional times where I wasnt entirely sure where it was going or of an unsteady focus. It was fascinating and heartbreaking and enlightening.

• Jun 06, 2020

Best tv series everybody should watch

Best tv series everybody should watch

• May 04, 2020

An excellent, fearless, amazing-made tv drama.

An excellent, fearless, amazing-made tv drama.

• Nov 05, 2019

Excellent show. I don't want to get into the whole political side of things given the fact that I don't live in Israel, and I leave that to the Israeli populus to decide. The makers have spun a very moving narrative of the incidents that led to the 2014 conflict. What they have accomplished in comparison to other movies/shows of the same kind is that they have humanized everyone in the cast, regardless of the actions they commit and the turns their lives take. Shlomi Elkabetz as Shimon Cohen was a great choice; his interactions with Avishai Elbaz (Omri Gabay), who is manipulated into the murder by his uncle, Yosef Haim Ben David have such a pure nature it just cannot be ignored. Same goes to the riveting personal trauma that Hussein and Suha go through, after having lost their kid to the senseless violence in spite of the fact that they are not really political themselves. This show portrays an extremely fractured society and the complexities associated with it, so watching it with an unbiased eye would be a pre-requisite.

• Oct 10, 2019

Brilliant show that highlights the extremism of the ultra-orthodox Jews in Israel and their terrorism against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.

• Oct 08, 2019

The immense complexities of life in Israel where the government, not only has to deal with the ongoing mistrust and hate, between Israeli Arab and Jewish citizens, Palestinians and Jewish Israelis, but also the same mistrust between the Orthodox and Secular as well as the Sephardim, Mizrachim and Ashkenazim. The whole situation there has turned from the miracle of the Jews returning to their ancient homeland to a modern day tragedy. Illuminating and sad..

• Oct 07, 2019

It's realistic. I know because I lived in Israel at the time of the events. A very unique insight to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

• Oct 07, 2019

It's soo good and sad that all this can happen .. and sheds light on how rhetoric is so threatening ...

• Oct 02, 2019

The show does a remarkable job of portraying Arab-Israelis and Palestinians as flawed and complicated human beings. Their perspective is presented and challenged on a number of occasions, but you are left with the notion that they are not evil people. It's a very impressive handling of a difficult issue. So it's a shame that the same care is not shown to the Jews in the show. They gleefully cackle about wanting to murder babies and burn villages to the ground. It's cartoonish, and offensive.

• Sep 27, 2019

representing one murder case instead of the all four, and focuses only on palestinian side of things, the israeli side is not shown with much will.