Pretend It's a City: Limited Series Reviews

• 3d ago

I love listening to Fran talk. There's nobody like her.

I love listening to Fran talk. There's nobody like her.

• 6d ago

is probably the most obnoxious thing I have ever watched. The whole thing is an endless podcast with Martin Scorsese pretends to be a talk show host and laughing uncontrollably at a unfunny pretentious writer pretends to be a stand up. Truly insufferable

• Feb 22, 2021

The perfect reminder of what NYC was like before the Global Pandemic and what it will be like again soon. Fran Lebowitz is a national treasure. In her conversations with Martin Scorsese in this Netflix, multi-part series, she provides a honest and humorous look at the NYC social scene over the course of 5 decades.

• Feb 06, 2021

Fran is not funny .... I couldn't stand her humor in the 2 minutes I started watching this "mocumentary".... they should invited "Edna Mode" from "the incredible" Pixar movie....SHE WOULD ROCK THE WHATEVER THIS SHOW IS about....

• Jan 31, 2021

I've binge watched this series three times. Fran Lebowitz is refreshingly authentic—quirky and a bit neurotic, but fearless and funny in sharing her fears.

• Jan 30, 2021

Idk why, I'm just drawn to this

Idk why, I'm just drawn to this

• Jan 29, 2021

Fran L is a national treasure. Here fresh approach, logical and humorous view of life, americans and the US are to be valued. She's fun to watch but even more entertaining to listen to. Warning - if you haven't picked up a book in years you may become offended; and that's the point. Readers will love her - and if you do read but have just had your hands bound for the last 18 months...well do not miss it. She'll re-kindle your faith in the written word and remind you what you are missing.

• Jan 29, 2021

I could NOT have loved this series more. Impossible. Just watching Scorsese nearly fall out of his chair with laughter was fantastic! I abandoned Manhattan in 1998 for Vermont, and then upstate NY. I have never missed NYC more than when listening to Fran speak about NYC. It was music to my hears, and a pain in my heart. I'm so homesick now. 😢

• Jan 25, 2021

Random ramblings of a not very funny woman, while Martin Scorsese laughs uncontrollably on the sidelines. Not particularly funny or even interesting.

• Jan 21, 2021

Fran Lebowitz's brilliant wit and Martin Scorsese's filmmaking talents pair to create a fascinating look at New York City (among other things). Lebowitz is effortlessly interesting and could have talked for two more hours without boring me.