Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists: Season 1 Reviews

• Apr 12, 2022

So this show had two fan favorite characters returning. It was filmed at two colleges in/around my city. It had great production value. And yet... I didn't even hear about it's existence until 2022 when I tried to rewatch the original PLL on Hulu (it wasn't there.) This show was a bit slow to start but the final two episodes were exciting, engaging and left me wanting for more. I'm sure the only reason this got cancelled is because no one freaking knew about it! Clearly both critics and fans who actually watched this spinoff think it's great! I hope this show gets revived and more money is invested in marketing- fans really enjoy this show!

• Jun 08, 2020

"The Perfectionist" wants to resemble its first series "Pretty Little Liars," yet the only thing that resembles the previous show are the characters, Mona, and Alison. The character development is lacking and often quite boring to watch. They have the same elements, yet Pretty Little Liars somehow is astonishingly superior. The acting and storyline at times seems as if it is going somewhere, yet it never does. The major key this show is lacking is suspense, as the audience we want to crave to see the next episode yet this show is easily forgotten.

• Nov 11, 2019

I love this spin-off show, in my opinion it's not better than the original PLL but it's definitely worth watching. 95%

• Jun 04, 2019

it's been 2 years since the curtains closed on the residents of Rosewood on ‘Pretty Little Liars' now Marlene King introduces her spin-off series called 'Perfectionists' new faces are introduced as well as some familiar ones the story takes place at Beacon Heights; Ali is the new TA and Mona comes back from France after defeating Mary Drake and Spencer's twin sister Ali and Emily have twin babies yet they're in a bit of a rut as far as their happyness is concerned, Mona arrives to pursue a career in game design it's a new town full of new liars and new secrets the new faces here come in the form of Sofia Carson as Ava Jalali, Eli Brown as Dylan Walker, Sydney Park as Caitlin Lewis, and Chris Mason as Nolan Hotchkiss; the group here is a much more diverse and ethnic circle of friends although they each have their own baggage in one shape or form Nolan is sociopath who blackmails people while cheating on Caitlin, Ava's family has a messy reputation with her father on the run from embezzlement, Dylan has a boyfriend but is going to college soon, and Caitlin's mom's infidelity could potentially ruin her presidential campaign unfortunately things go south when a murder occurs, Nolan Hotchkiss is killed and it sends everyone spiraling so now it's up to Ali and Mona to crack down on the mystery even if it means resorting to their old methods of lying, manipulating, and bouncing back to mean-girl status Former FBI agent Dana Booker is also on the case as the schools new head of security, bad enough she's also on Ava's case for her father's crimes Ali, Mona, Ava, Caitlin, and Dylan must all work together in order to survive this deadly game of cat-and-mouse the finale leads to a big face-off with the Perfectionists and Nolan's killer Is murder justified if it means ending someone's hostility?, we spend our whole lives trying to be perfect and to snuff out the ugly, out of the dirt blooms a flower, hiding in the shadows makes you an easy target, in the public eye everyone's watching, what is it to truly be perfect?, politics isn't just about policy it's about getting to know the people, sometimes the truth is more telling than a lie, it's funny how we become the thing we hate the most sometimes, technology keeps us safe but it makes us vulnerable a very very good first season even if it is short I'm very glad this follow-up didnt dismantle what made the previous show so addictive

• May 24, 2019

The show has a great mystery and is very interesting. It is not my favorite new show of 2019 but it is a great time filler. The acting from Sasha Pieterse, Janel Parrish, Sofia Carson, Eli Brown, and Sydney Park are great. Overall it is a pretty good show.

• May 13, 2019

One of the best TV shows which reveals the mystery in an interesting way.Totally worth to Binge watch.

• Apr 28, 2019

It is a really good show with lots of drama. I don't usually watch spinoffs because it ruins everything but this is amazing and I cant wait until Wednesday(when the next episode comes out)

• Apr 12, 2019

I love it!! I'm a big fan of the original series and I'm a big fan of this new spin-off too!!!

• Apr 11, 2019

If you liked the original Prettt Little Liars, you'll love this. Great cast! The nostalgia is real. Awesome sound tracks.

• Apr 10, 2019

I was expecting to see a tv series with casual everyday cruelty and petty bickering in its backbone. Instead I found a well produced production with an engaging mystery and rather fun over the top dramatic scares/surprises. The cello music is beautiful, the characters have far more depth than I have come to expect on mystery tv, and while manipulation is a central theme, cruelty is not. At least, it isn't a core trait of the protagonists. It's certainly possible any one of them could have killed him.... but that is another point entirely. Personally a show that glorifies bullies turns my stomach... but this show, while having bullies, does not glorify the behavior. Rather it weaves a web around those in a position of popularity power and questions the hows and whys of how they got there, probing for their weaknesses and humanity. It is a story where you know for sure some people are not to be trusted. A story where even those you think you can trust are not solid bets. But you suspect that even if one of the protagonists is the murderer, they may be trustworthy in their own way. At the very least you can trust that it will be an interesting, and dramatic, journey.

• Apr 06, 2019

I never watched the original Pretty Little Liars but this has piqued my interest to start watching the original. The first few episodes are rough but what starting show doesn't have those rough episodes. I like the story it keeps me interested and you don't need to watch the original to watch this which is nice.

• Apr 03, 2019

I really like the plot. This looks like it will be a lot better that the original PLL. I canâ??t wait to see Alison and Mona in action

• Mar 30, 2019

very dark and twisted, beautifully written and well acted. hope to see a second season!

• Mar 27, 2019

This show is mysterious, romantic, engaging, and addicting. Practically everything you would want in a PLL sequel. Z

• Mar 27, 2019

Simplesmente incrível! O tom mais sombrio faz toda diferença!

Simplesmente incrível! O tom mais sombrio faz toda diferença!

• Mar 22, 2019

I am very in love with the mystery so far.

I am very in love with the mystery so far.

• Mar 22, 2019

I like it but I miss the old liars

I like it but I miss the old liars

• Mar 21, 2019

Hot garbage. Not even Allison could manipulate me into liking this.

Hot garbage. Not even Allison could manipulate me into liking this.

• Mar 21, 2019

First of all I have been watching since 2010 and having a spinoff is in sane in a great way of course! This Pll is a bit more darker than the original but it is so worth watching. It kept me at the edge of my sit as the original. So happy to see Mona and Alison back! I fell in love with Ava and I do identify myself with her in some ways. If you guys want something with suspense and mystery this is the show to watch.