Rosewood: Season 1 Reviews

• Feb 03, 2018

Jaina Lee Ortiz is so gorgeous in this series! Overall fun and light, not a dead (no pun intented) serious show, just something light and fun.

• Dec 13, 2017

Was an excellent show. Hopefully, someone can bring it back!

Was an excellent show. Hopefully, someone can bring it back!

• May 05, 2017

Y'all are ridiculous. This is a good show. YES it has it's moments that are a tad cheesy. But overall it's a very warm-hearted and light show that manages to touch on heavy issues from PTSD to gay marriage. Some parts of the storyline are a bit rushed and others tend to get drawn out. But it's good writing with an outstanding cast. MANY first season shows have their struggle moments. Fox would be dumb to not renew for a 3rd season.

• May 01, 2017

The only problem I'm having with season 2, is that very tangible amount of sexual tension between Rosie and villa in season 1. Is suddenly shoved aside and now they like siblings? Like I really want to see the deed, not that dream Rosie was having at the end of season 1. Well altogether rosewood is captivating.

• Feb 03, 2017

Beautiful actors with mediocre acting. Morris Chestnut as a pathologist, just doesn't quite fit.

• Aug 21, 2016

Through the POV of an M.E., teaming up with a Detective to Solve Crimes... BORING!

• Jul 19, 2016

I like it...it's a pretty fair rating

I like it...it's a pretty fair rating

• Jul 10, 2016

Excellent story lines. The attraction between Rosewood and Det. Villa is palpable, it shines through the screen so much you can feel the tension. These critics wouldn't know a great show if it stood up and punched them in their face.

• Jun 22, 2016

The main reason I don't like this show is of course the characters in it. First of all the main character 'Rosie' is brutally annoying - he comes along as quite arrogant and smiles way more than he should. And honestly instead of loving the fact that he annoys almost everyone at the police station, I feel sorry for them. Then of course the fact that he is sick and is dying -This is the part where we see his dark side, where his charm can't outshine the pain, but in this show he just seems to bland and boring. I don't feel his pain at all because it's not translating well on screen. The fact that he is doctor knows all these things, is supposed to make us like him but seriously I think working with him would result in higher risks of committing suicide. Then there is of course the detective whom in the beginning she seems like the person who would hold the show together but that falls apart when immediately you can see she's falling for Rosie and then what is more annoying is the little 'soapie' drama plot twist where she is seeing the therapist that Rosie is sleeping with, "Oh seriously what's going to happen when she finds out who she is dating?" REALLY? The other annoying thing is that the 2 characters that could be the source of some 'good laugh' scenes (Rosie's sister and her fiancée) are so bland that if they were killed off in the season finale no one would have shed a tear. The sister grew up with Rosie and she knows him more than us, so she can push his buttons to make us laugh. But she is so plain. If I never mentioned other characters, its because they are far much worse disappointments e.g Rosie's mom. All in all the characters are not likeable the drama in it is so bland that it doesn't evoke any thoughts or conversations and I'm from Africa, and here we love drama and this show is an ultimate conversation killer because there is nothing brilliant about, there is very slow progress in the development of the characters and the show.This show can't contend with other cop procedural shows because it's just awful. From one episode only, I can say it is the worst 45 minutes you can spend, unless you watch the show to drool over Morris Chestnut - Then you are the terrible reason this show has been renewed!

• Jun 04, 2016

Started off slow at first, but got much better as the season went on. Series recording on my DVR for season 2. Morris Chestnut is definitely easy on the eyes. I'll keep watching