RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 13 Reviews

• Sep 07, 2021

Dropped it on episode 5 because I couldn't stand "Kandy Muse"'s attitude a second longer, then decided to spoil myself and see how much more of her I'd have to see... And she's gets all the way to the finale. Girl, bye. First 2 episodes were great. And it went downhill from there...

• Aug 23, 2021

Rpdr is one of my favorite shows. This season felt sad and boring to me. It felt very "pay to play" with a ton of looks brought from home modeled on look queens. There was a ton of lipsnycing, which I normally love, but without content behind it, it felt like a cheap version of American Idol. It was all looks. The challenges were easy and lacked a ton of creativity. The season also lacked a narritive. I understand a dear member of the production staff passed away, but it's such a drastic change away from having personality, that it was hard to watch with any real commitment.

• Jun 11, 2021

All of the Ru Paul´s drag races are rigged. The editing is manipulated and it´s clear that none of the emotions are real. The candidates are selected on their background stories, which are supposed to be tearjerkers. If you don´t cry enough, you can leave. Juggling with personal feelings and laughing at candidates 'defaults is bullying. In this case the show´s purpose has reached the opposite effect. Many people will have difficulties making their ´Coming out 'after seeing this show, because it´s impossible to identify with it. While other seasons were less obvious, finally a bigger audience can see this is an overproduced fake show, which only has one focus point: selling Ru Paul´s brand.

• May 07, 2021

I just didn't care who won it. Season 12 was so packed with talent, so I'm not whining that drag race is losing appeal, I just didn't love it.

• Apr 29, 2021

I think we have found a season worse than season 11. Season 12 was way better and they had a zoom finale. Their cast was more dynamic and flowed organically (even with Sh***y P*e). This season was just trash, it was full of favoritism toward lackluster queens (i.e. Symone & Kandy). It forcibly hid talent from 3 queens (Tamisha, Lala & Denali) then tried to make three more subpar to the winner and runner up (Rosé, Gottmik & Olivia). Overall just disappointed this season, it was insulting to the audience to sell this as a great season.

• Apr 27, 2021

This season was the worst of all. Everything was corny, not funny and real talents were overshadowed by queens that had more money to spend on clothes. Some of people were dragged for doing the same concept while the "winners" done the same or even more. Gottmik sally white face? Okay we get it. Ur fav thing to say is gooorge? Wow u r so quirky. What about Candy? She was angry all the time and when she wasnt- she was being completely inappropriate and rude. Coming from the ghetto is not an excuse for such behaviour in the whole season. (How she send way more talented gottmik home? No one knows.) And our winner? She had very good looks, i will give her that. But she was so predictable that it was boring. Nice that she putted "say their names", and had some iconic looks but she aint a dancer, comedian and more. If she didn't have expensive creations she was wearing- there would be nothing left. The worst season and the final was just about "who is least bad of them?". (The worst queen imo was boring Olivia who should go home first) Overall trash, dont watch it.

• Apr 26, 2021

It's very unfortunate that RuPaul uses its huge platform to promote the worst of the gay culture instead of the best of it. The entire season was fulfilled with bullying and insults coming from some obnoxious extremely inappropriate queens. And instead of being educated, they were rewarded for that unacceptable behavior?!

• Apr 26, 2021

I think the show has lost its way. It is now so over-produced. And the challenges / outfits have now become "who has the most money to spend on an amazing garment?" which I no longer find entertaining. Drag Race UK is fun, though.

• Apr 24, 2021

This is hands down the worst season of Drag Race. What once was a celebration of drag and talent now feels like a bloated and overproduced show. Production shoves certain queens down everyone's throats while eliminating queens who are truly talented. The queens themselves are getting nastier. Why certain queens like Kandy are pushed while talented queens like Denali and Utica are eliminated are beyond me. The judging this season is really bizarre. Queens who don't really stand out in the challenges are placed high but queens who killed the runway and the challenge are just safe. It makes no sense. The runways this season are strong and there's a few funny moments, like Gottmik in snatch game. Plus, the right queen actually wins the season. But it just feels like this show is on a downwards spiral.

• Apr 23, 2021

This was long and boring. A lot of obnoxious personalities for filler. Challenges were not the best. I applaud them for their efforts during the pandemic but just wish they would have stayed home.