Saturday Night Live: Season 44 Reviews

• Oct 02, 2019

Time to clean house, unload the dead weight.

Time to clean house, unload the dead weight.

• May 26, 2019

Season 44 writing is awful and can't even trigger a laugh for its funniest of guest hosts. You leave each sketch wondering what the punchline was or scratching your head at the apparent punchline. I'm always struck by the money spent on sets and costumes for some very unfunny stuff. And while writing is key, the current cast doesn't appear to be able to deliver a funny sketch if it were to be produced. Apart, of course, from Kate McKinnon and Keenan Thompson. Cecily Strong has some funny moments. Especially during the weekend updates but she's not being used to her full potential. Leslie Jones has her moments too but needs to evolve under the mentorship of someone like Tina Fey. Colin Jost and Michael Che are actually pretty good. But... overall, gone are those days: Tina, Amy, Maya, Paula Pell and their contemporaries. This season died out before it began. And it's time to go the way of the Adam Sandler cast and start (basically) from scratch. Kate can't carry it by herself anymore. Sadly.

• May 19, 2019

How funny how much they bash Trump. So funny I forgot to laugh.

How funny how much they bash Trump. So funny I forgot to laugh.

• May 04, 2019

Nature Cat is much better this.

Nature Cat is much better this.

• May 04, 2019

The problem with SNL is two fold. First, it has chosen to alienate at least half of the country's population with its tired anti-Trump skits. Historically, they've always poked fun at the sitting President but it was always done in jest with humor, e.g. Dana Carvey's impression of the late George H.W. Bush. However, Alec Baldwin does so viciously and mean spirited, devoid of any real humor. And second, the show overall just isn't funny and hasn't been funny in a very long time. Mad TV was actually much funnier than SNL. This is one show I wish would go away.

I love SNL. Always have, always will

I love SNL. Always have, always will

• May 04, 2019

SNL continues to marginalize 63,000,000 Americans as it continues to show its far left bias and lose it's audience in the "flyover" states. In this age of political correctness and "we know better than you" journalism by the coastal elites, many of us are finding other forms of eentertainment and places to find real news and not the fake /faux outrage posed by the radical left.

• Apr 13, 2019

"Orange man bad"

"Orange man bad"

• Apr 06, 2019

SNL used to be funny. Now its just stupid a** political crap. It used to be a show that would make you forget all the b.s. going on in the world and allow yourself, if only for one night, to just sit back and have some laughs on them 'cause its the weekend. It was all about pop-culture, entertainment and making fun of our own eccentricities and quirky ways. Now, you can't turn it on without them shoving political schetches in your face - the ENTIRE SHOW. If they want to make a political jab once in a while then, whatever, but, I mean, damn! Give it a rest already! And that goes for all sketches, no matter WHAT political figure they're trashing, whether they're Democrat OR Republican! I digress....

• Apr 06, 2019

It's become really unfunny.

It's become really unfunny.