Selection Day: Season 1 Reviews

• May 24, 2019

Selection Day is a coming of age sports drama suspense series made for Netflix India. The plot revolves around two brothers and their father's passion towards making them the next superstar of Cricket. The father's obsession borders to mania and gives the vibes that he may do anything to achieve his dreams. To fulfill their ambition they move to Mumbai and covet for a position in the Mumbai under 19 Team. To add spice to the mix, the god gets involved, they meet a rival with some disturbing emotions and one of the brothers does not even want to be a cricketer. I thought I have figured out the plot but I was way wrong, the ending surprised me in multiple levels. The series got superb casting and performances by both the young and old actors. It is another gem of a Netflix Original.

• Apr 23, 2019

Although its non-cricket parts are often scarcely believable, Selection Day is still an interesting piece of television from the maturing non-soap-opera-Indian-TV industry niche. The father-sons relationship at its heart makes it an engaging watch, with enjoyable themes like coming-of-age, family friction, tough love, and desire for self-actualisation.

• Apr 01, 2019

• Jan 10, 2019

a mildly interesting story ended abruptly.

a mildly interesting story ended abruptly.

• Jan 07, 2019

one time watchable, waiting for second part

one time watchable, waiting for second part

• Dec 29, 2018

I like how the show started off with lot to offer. But as the episodes progressed I wanted more and more of it, but it failed to do so. In S1 they should have had more episodes. It feels incomplete and a half cooked meal leaving the audience hungry. I like the god character as well. Mahesh Manjrekar has been good. Infact every character in this show has been spot on.

• Dec 29, 2018

Its an OK series. Fairly entertaining, Im a Cricket buff so was always clicking the "next episode" button but it really depends on your personal preference. Its worth a watch.