She's Gotta Have It: Season 2 Reviews

• Aug 15, 2019

She's Gotta Have It - Season 2 was brilliant and beautiful ... it discussed the hard topics of social constructs and made them stimulating to the eye. DeWanda wise was wonderful to watch as Nola - she has morphed and changed and that is what we wanted to see.

• Jul 05, 2019

Not as good as the first season. Although it touches on important social justice issues that are topical in America the story and writing is just not there.

• Jun 27, 2019

The show is about a Spike Lee in drag as Nola Darling. Everything that comes out of her mouth seems like a lecture to the un-cultured and un-woke masses. Nothing sounds like a flesh and bone woman that walks this earth - unless Spike now identifies as a woman. Even the sex scenes devoid of romance or any genuine feeling, seem written by and for guys. I genuinely felt sorry for DeWanda Wise in the exploitive and gratuitous lesbian sex scene in the season opener. From there it only got worse. At the end of the day, Spike's vision of an artist is just not that intriguing. I'd rather watch BBC gardening shows. At least their creations don't need to be explained in faux profound treatises by their own creators as the artists in SGHI2. So were left with a beautiful lead perhaps talented but with little to do but smile all knowingly and roll her eyes. I can't remember a moment in the entire season of anything close to registering as a true emotion from her character Nola Darling. I can't blame her but shallow end kiddy pool writing.