Spartacus: Gods of the Arena: Season 1 Reviews

• Apr 23, 2019

Entertaining prequel and backstory of this awesome series.

Entertaining prequel and backstory of this awesome series.

• Jan 15, 2019

Excellent prequel, Batiatus is awesome and Gannicus is my favorite.....my cock rages on!!!

• Jun 08, 2015

After the conclusion of Blood and Sand I wasn't planning on watching any other seasons or the prequel. It was basically Gladiator with a lot of unclothed debauchery that satisfied some cheap thrills with some 300 style on top. I saw the ratings go from crap to certified so I figured why not. It definitely gets better, the political intrigue is devious and the character building becomes more complex, especially if you watched Blood and Sand first. Gratitude. I have committed myself to this series.

• Jun 06, 2015

This show was more than just violence and nudity; superb dialogue, intricate story with plenty of devious plotting and betrayal. Definitely worth watching!

• Jan 03, 2015

Fans need not worry about the prequel being a useless add-on. It delivers plenty in terms of gratuity and explores some characters' back-stories while adding some potential avenues for future storylines.

• Sep 15, 2014

86% The prequel is good, I liked it, but I would have like it more had I just seen it right after watching the 1st season, instead I saw the second season which ruined all the suspense of this prequel.

• Feb 06, 2014

This prequel series is definitely the weakest material from the Starz Spartacus series and was of course only made due to the unfortunate cancer that struck Andy Witefeild. That says this prequel series does introduce Gannicus to the series and plot lines that come in later and is still a solid look at the decadent world of the Roman Gladiatorial world

• Josh L Super Reviewer
    Dec 12, 2013

Andy's Whitfield's unexpected and saddening death left the makers no choice but to make a prequel until things got resolved and they did a solid job of keeping the series interesting. It's shorter than the first season, but has enough episodes that things move at a good pace and the action & story do not get stale. It's cool seeing some of the characters from the first season and how they started out. Gannicus is an intriguing new character to add to the series and worthy of top billing. Ultimately, this is more of the same, but retains the high quality storytelling and acting of the first season to make a compelling addition.