Star Trek: Picard: Season 1 Reviews

• 58m ago

IF ALREADY KNOW STAR TREK IT WILL BE AMAZING, BUT IF YOU DON'T WATCHED IT CAN BE A GOOD CHOICE. I LIKED, 'CAUSE I LOVE SCIFI.

• 4h ago

During the dark and turbulent 60's Star Trek was a beacon of hope that appealed to many. Look here it said you have a bright and hopeful future because you embraced each others differences, you embraced science, art, philosophy and whole new worlds. You left greed behind and worked to better yourselves. Now here it is 2020 just as dark and turbulent. We have a denebian slime devil with delusions of Godhood for a president, the different races, religions and classes are at each others throats. Now here comes the latest installment of Star Trek with a Captain we all love and admire at the helm, will it offer hope again? Hell no! Picard is dark! Looky here you have no hope for a bright future after all. Your just as screwed up as you thought you'd be. Here's the future where humanity lets millions die and the universe is a wild west of everyone for themselves. We are even cannibalizing each other in bloody gory detail. We take a lighthouse character Like Seven of Nine, a character meant to exemplify the human condition and we murder her adopted child and turn her into "Mad Max" Well here's your star trek universe folks its "Thunderdome"! CBS doesn't get it. They fool you like Harry Mudd, sell it like the ferengi, and forgot the humane in humanity.

• 9h ago

took a couple of episodes, but love it!!

took a couple of episodes, but love it!!

• 10h ago

Realistically a 4.5, but this has excellent character development, solid acting, a host of interesting new faces, and remains fresh while clearly setting up something that wants to protect Federation ideals from our own tendency to become paranoid and arrogant. A welcome shift after Discovery's breakneck pace, and character/plot more seamlessly woven together than Discovery S1.

• 12h ago

I don't understand how the writing has become so unrecognizable to the elevated style, tone, and erudition of TNG. Why do the writers feel that they need to transpose our modern pop culture onto a mythology that is set centuries in the future? I suppose it has to do with a misguided attempt to appeal to younger generations, but the final product misses the mark in so many ways that I just want to forget it was ever made, let alone conceived. The writers have depleted the dignity of the Picard character and wasted this unique opportunity. *head to palm*

• 13h ago

I don't like the design (darkness, blurry edges and lens flares don't build worlds and spaceships), the writing (it's show don't tell, remember ?) and most of the cliche acting . It's contrived, flat, clunky, downright immature and amateurish at crucial points. Picard is the very antithesis of engaging and believable. I was so ready to love this show, the first episode was fine, but it's just so baaaaaad.

• 17h ago

Garbage. Disgusting. Ashamed of Stewart. Violation of Star Trek vision of hope. F Bombs.

• 17h ago

I was excited to see Picard on screen again. I wasn't blown away by the first episode but I was hopeful. Since then it has all gone downhill. We find Picard a shadow of his former self, defeated and useless. This character status has not been earned or explained so far in the series. The production feels rushed, the wiring is poor, the language unnecessary. Very disappointed.

• 19h ago

its so fresh i lovr o+it

its so fresh i lovr o+it

• 21h ago

I have watched all of the Star Trek from the original to the latest. I was hoping that this would continue the legacy, I was wrong the guy is very very old now and it really shows. Special effects are really good that's to be expected but this does not help the storyline and the bad acting sorry to say this is not great traditional Star Trek.