Star Wars: Resistance: Season 1 Reviews

• Jun 03, 2019

Very good much better than expected

Very good much better than expected

• May 22, 2019

Main character is awful. It starts off incredibly slow and by the time it picks up, you won't care any more. You're better off to re-watch Clone Wars or Rebels.

• Apr 20, 2019

This show is utter garbage... stick with Clone Wars!

This show is utter garbage... stick with Clone Wars!

• Apr 10, 2019

Great show for Disney & Lucasfilm explain the personal life of a Resistance pilot during the war between the Resistance & the First Order!

• Mar 19, 2019

Star Wars Resistance is the latest animated TV show. Taking place shortly before the events of The Force Awakens, it has fledgling Resistence member Kazuda Xiono become a spy on the planetary station Colossus, which has become a location of interest to the growing military threat of the First Order. What results is a so-so opening two-thirds followed by a decent final third. Resistance plays it safest of the recent Star Wars animated shows. It's more child friendly than Rebels, which was itself friendlier than Clone Wars. A lot of the episodes are too lightweight and forgettable. It doesn't help that the majority of the show takes place on Colossus. You don't get a lot of space scenes or other locales. Sure, the first season of Rebels had mostly been limited to one planet, but it at least allowed variety. Colossus is surrounded by water. All you have is the station. On the plus side, Colossus is a fully realized and well designed area. It has many get occupants that get fleshed out. That's how the show gets stronger in the end. Characters motivations and arcs are set up and you get more invested in them as things go on. As the First Order becomes more prominent, the threat gets more interesting. SWR does a good job of showing how the Order managed to rise in the outer skirts of the galaxy and how the Republic got complacent after the fall of the Empire and the risks of forgetting the sins of the past. The season's main villains Vonreg and Pyre are pretty basic, interchangeable, and uninteresting, though. Main character Kaz is a likable enough guy who is brave and means well but often humorously struggles and fumbles his way throughout the mission. He is an interesting counterpart to Star Wars Rebel's lead Ezra Bridger. Whereas Ezra was a kid who lost a lot and had a reason to fight the Empire, Kaz is a guy who was born into wealth but legitimately wants to prove himself and do good just for the sake of it. However, he takes up way more screentime than he can carry. One reason Rebels worked was because it was an ensemble with a well-established cast. Here some characters seemed to be given short shrift. Of the rest of the cast, I rather liked the naive, good-natured Neeku. He was a nice change of pace from a lot of SW characters cynical or war weary. I got used to the character animation, which uses cell-shaded computer graphics, but it still isn't my favorite. The lack of visible lines on the characters got to me and they seem like they were in a photo that was ruined by too much light. The scenery is a different story. Set animation is nice, but it is the sky and space backgrounds that really pop. The sky over Colossus is one of the nicest looking skies I've ever seen. Yes, this isn't the strongest Star Wars ever, but I did grow invested near the end. (There is one plot development I didn't see coming at first.) Rebels started off weak in it's first season, but it really grew after that. I'm hoping the same with Resistance and will be looking forward to the next season.

• Mar 19, 2019

Bad series... boring boring boring

Bad series... boring boring boring

• Mar 18, 2019

I like kid's shows, but this is just about unwatchable.

I like kid's shows, but this is just about unwatchable.

• Mar 18, 2019

While this was a good first season for show there were many moments that were questible and sometimes just stupid. One of my biggest problems with the show was the character neeku who could almost never taking anything seriously and who never understood and metaphor or sarcasm. Finally I would say the season finale was a bit of a let down the first part of the season finale was okay but part 2 could have been better. Compared to The Clone Wars & Rebels season finale it wasn't great but was not bad either. Overall I would say this show deserves a two and a half star rating

• Mar 17, 2019

Kills... Just kills the star wars franchise

Kills... Just kills the star wars franchise

• Mar 06, 2019

I saw like the first 4 episodes of it. From what I saw, it wasn't as good as the Clone Wars micro series, it was better than the first 4 episodes of Rebels, and it sure as hell wasn't as plot holey as The Clone Wars (2008-2014). So basically, adults will find it mediocre, teens will find it ok, and kids will love it.