Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi: Season 1 Reviews

• Sep 27, 2020

Love this show, I learned a lot about different communities in the U.S. and the traditional food they eat! I hope the show will have a second season and, if it does continue, that she'll highlight immigrant communities that come from Africa (west, east, north and south), the Caribbean and Europe!

• Sep 08, 2020

Amazing job Padma. This show was so touching and beautifully done. A MUST see (with your white parents!!)

• Aug 28, 2020

Pure propaganda. Normally love cooking/food shows. Goebbels would be proud. Almost unbelievably stereotypical and with a strong political slant. Producers must think the American public is comprised of imbeciles.

• Aug 25, 2020

Nothing new to say. She's just trying to fill the void of Anthony Bourdain. Pretty lame unfortunately. Stick to reality TV I guess...

• Jul 25, 2020

Come for the food, stay for the stories. This show is deep, dense, and sensitive! Refreshingly comprehensive.

• Jul 13, 2020

Terrible food show. Less about food and more about reasons why America is terrible in their opinion. Preachy nonsense.

• Jul 03, 2020

The show is not about food. That is a minor aspect. It is about diversity, inclusion, appropriation, racism, bashing politicians, etc. C'mon! I get that on the news every day. I had hoped for a show that showed the regional cuisines of the US. I see that it is herein billed as a documentary. OK then, don't call it Taste the Nation. Judging by the title, I erroneously thought is was going to be a cooking show.

• Jun 27, 2020

The combination of learning about the food and culture of all the different immigrant groups here is fascinating. Most of us eat all of the food that is discussed as a "common day" thing in our "American" lives, but we don't realize the story behind it and how people have worked so hard to be where they are in this country. Like a great meal, we cannot get enough of this show.

• Jun 19, 2020

She is very monotone and boring and I could not stay awake for the whole episode . We tried another episode And again - it never gets better - is she on Tylenol PM? ....her whiny voice is like a lullaby for sleep and boredom. The show is great , guests' seem interesting - storyline interesting - but both fall short . They are not really talking about food and making it - but showing people who like to make it ....and the story ain't deep enough to connect to the characters . So it's a boring let down. The first episode had a lot of promise - but her political twist never went anywhere , nor did the cooking . This show isn't boring , I was wrong - it's BLAND. Like a dish with no salt or seasonings . Like plain white rice - or hominy or boiled fish .