The Amber Ruffin Show: Season 1 Reviews

• Feb 20, 2021

This show is unwatchable. The jokes are BAD, just predictable and unoriginal. I'm very far left leaning, politically, and this show clearly wants to be edgy, touching on real social issues; the flat humor and Koffin's bizzare delivery, if anything, detract from social progress.

• Feb 19, 2021

It's way better than Lilly Singh's talk show, I'll tell you that! Love Amber's serious takes on issues such as racism, but also love her silly musical numbers. A great balance. Special mention to her sidekick and her suits. I can sense Conan vibes whenever she breaks into song or improvises a bit and hope that continues.

• Feb 13, 2021

I just don't understand how anyone finds this show funny or entertaining. I love Seth Meyers show. He's witty and entertaining. Even Samantha Bee I find funny. Amber on the other hand is just childish, unimaginative, and just NOT funny —HARD PASS

• Jan 30, 2021

I have loved Amber Ruffin since I first saw her on Drunk History and Seth Meyers. I'm so glad she has her own weekly show to spill some tea in the funniest, most musical way possible. Her songs are the best and have such a glorious sarcastic bite. I hope she gets renewed in perpetuity.

• Dec 03, 2020

Easily my favorite late night show. When other hosts (Oliver, Meyers, Noah, Kimmel, Conan) cover all the dark things going on in the world I laugh, but then head to bed full of weltschmerz. Somehow when Ruffin covers those same terrible things, her energy means that by then end I feel happier and more optimistic. It's like having that fun best friend cheering you up after a rotten day. Doesn't fix the things, but feels better knowing you're not in it alone.

• Nov 24, 2020

Upbeat, hilarious show with strong messages. It's just the kind of good energy we need to get through this year!

• Nov 21, 2020

She's adorable and could really become popular if it weren't for her bad jokes and perpetual racist "humor". She's just continuing the problem by being a part of it.

• Nov 18, 2020

This show covers tough news with humor. The sketches, monologues, and songs are fun and the dynamic between Amber and Terrick is excellent. I don't think it was made for the folks giving negative reviews, if ya know what I mean.

• Oct 31, 2020

I've adored Amber's segments on Late Night with Seth Meyers, and I'm thrilled she has her own show. Love her!

• Oct 31, 2020