The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Season 1 Reviews

• 3d ago

Must-watch for MCU fans and action-packed enough for a fun watch, even if you're not that into the movies. Falcon has a jet pack with wings, and Bucky is a super-human killing machine with a powerful robotic arm. The problem is the villains overall are lacking!!! But literally everything else is awesome. Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan as Sam, The Falcon, and Bucky, The Winter Soldier, have impeccable chemistry and the supporting characters like are equally memorable. There is one antagonist that is particularly good but he is not the central threat.

• 5d ago

I wish that I could have given this a better rating. It was like they wrote and filmed a great story, and then someone came along and added new scenes, written and directed by a different team, that just destroys it. You can literally pick out those scenes while watching it, like they just don't belong. Cut those scenes out and it actually improves the series and cohesiveness of the story. I would have wished they spent more time on Isaiah Bradley, which I believe would have been much more impactful.

• 5d ago

This series played a deep dive and homage to a lot of Captain America lore. Some people will not like it because when they think of Captain America they leave out a lot of his lore and wish to pick and choose what is canon. I liked it because it did explore the Truth: Red White and Black series. The Flag Smashers were based loosely on what Mark Gruenwald creation the Flag-Smasher. He was introduced in 1985. The Flag-Smasher used terrorism to spread anti-nationalist sentiment. He conducted a one-man terrorist campaign in New York City against nationalist symbols, holding hundreds as hostages until Captain America captured him. Sounds familiar? So, watching the series is a deep dive into a lot of Marvel comic lore.

• Nov 24, 2021

A really nice show that the MCU needed to have. Now we have a new Captain America!

• Nov 24, 2021

Really fun, funny, and action oriented. There's a lot of emotions around the main characters and their connection to Cap, but it doesn't detract from the over-reaching story. Give this man some respect and the shield for good!

• Nov 24, 2021

While the pacing is all over the place, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier does its best to ground viewers (mostly) in an espionage-soaked adventure.

• Nov 22, 2021

The best parts of this show were Baron Zemo and John Walker, and that was not what was intended. The characters of Falcon and The Winter Soldier, which were once so well written, have been reduced to petulant angry children, who are aggressive towards Walker for no real reason. The character of Karli Morgenthau is incredibly inconsistent in her writing, flip-flopping between sympathetic and ruthless, and beyond that, the gender-swap of Karl Morgenthau to Karli Morgenthau just doesn't make sense, as it was not necessary. The obvious attempts to turn Walker into a villain just plainly do not work, as his personality throughout the show contradicts these actions to the point that it actually becomes funny. The ending is another beast entirely. Disregarding my personal opinion that The Winter Soldier should have been Captain America, Sam comes down and speaks to the senators about doing better in the rebuilding situation, he provides no suitable solution to replace their current plan, rendering all of his points moot. In the end, this is a show that could have been great, but its writing has cut its limbs off completely, ruining good characters, and attempting to destroy ones that haven't even been established yet.

• Nov 22, 2021

another home run for Disney / Marvel. great dynamic between the 2 leads. looking forward to season 2

• Nov 18, 2021

Like WandaVisión, the truth is that it serves very well to pass the time, although, unlike her, it is a series which is based on mystery and action, although it does have a certain comedy. Eh to say it, it feels very heavy and long, that makes you feel boring and slow on several occasions, but leaving that aside I consider that the story is very good, the chemistry and the development of the characters is very good and it works While the antagonists are nothing to write home about, Marvel repeats the same mistake it makes in most of its products, and that is wasting the villains. As a conclusion I would say that it is not for everyone, I think that if you really like action you should see it.

• Nov 16, 2021

A good show not very good because the story itself has some problems that doesn't make a lot of sense. You can like some characters but not like some other ones. The fight scenes are the best thing about this show. The thing is that sam doesn't fit in being captain america because it is not like he has his strength or something. But other than that and the boring scenes, the show is good and a little entertaining.