The Get Down: Season 2 Reviews

• Mar 27, 2018

Season 2 is much more brilliant

Season 2 is much more brilliant

• Jan 15, 2018

I really love this show. There needs to be a season two!! The show holds so much importance. It tells a story. It's realistic and it holds truth. It broke my heart to see that it's cancelled. Bring The Get Down Back!

• Oct 27, 2017

My Review of "The Get Down" in Verse: poetic, romantic, funky, and fresh. baz luhrman at his best, with the origin of hip hop from the street as the backdrop, blending music (from gospel to Latin to disco to rap), break dance, and street art. but what gives it the most weight is it's cry for justice and heart.

• Sep 11, 2017

In spite of some incoherence this is a classic, a really good exploration of old school hip hop and New York City and everything that was happening in the late 1970s - as well as human psychology in general

• Jul 17, 2017

Again, Baz goes for styles over substance and while trying to tell us about the history of hip hop - he foregoes much of this history. A wasted opportunity.

• Apr 20, 2017

Amazing show. Poetry in motion.

Amazing show. Poetry in motion.

• Apr 13, 2017

Better music than the first season. The cartoon psychedelic world is a nice touch.