The Great Escapists: Season 1 Reviews

• Aug 17, 2021

With my job, I have to think too much. Entertaining show even though the acting was weak. Reminded me of the stupid live action shows I used to watch on Saturday mornings as a kid in the 70s

• Aug 08, 2021

Funny, bit over the top but great viewing.. Kind of a mimic of Bear Grylls island!! Light heaters fun!

• Jul 29, 2021

The scripted format and terrible acting by the entire cast completely ruins a show with so much geeky potential for millions of fans of Myth Busters, Top Gear and all the other spin offs that didn't make the same mistake.

• Jul 25, 2021

Had potential. However because of the scripted nature of the show, it kills the chemistry between the presenters on camera. Also there's just something missing in this show, like the magic that makes things memorable. Not sure if our high expectations from the hosts means we're left unfulfilled but generally I can't remember any funny or great thing that happened on this show. Go back to the GT specials and all the TG specials and I can pick loads of highlights. This show just isn't memorable, but is still at least somewhat entertaining. My recommendation is to host it similar to how the GT did the Mongolia special. Then add some drama with Special forces or whatever coming to mess with them during the night. It would be sad to see it be cancelled after this season but also sad to see it continue with its current format.

• Jul 04, 2021

Boys and their toys shows are definitely my thing and love Hammond with Cpt. Slow and the Buffoon, however UK and US humour doesn't necessarily make the best bedfellows.

• Jun 27, 2021

Hilarious mock-documentary.

Hilarious mock-documentary.

• Apr 20, 2021

It isn't great but it's not bad either. Richard Hammond could make two hours of paint drying entertaining.

• Apr 09, 2021

Honestly one of the weirdest and most unexplainable things I've ever seen on screen. Part sitcom, part reality TV, part scripted, part improvised. How was this made? Who thought it was a good idea? Why the odd combination of Tory and Hammond? Still, I couldn't look away. Watched it all, and I actually enjoyed it for the outlandish cringey weirdness.

• Mar 28, 2021

It's fun to watch. I'd love to see another season.

It's fun to watch. I'd love to see another season.

• Mar 28, 2021

Awful, really bad. We love TG & GT so was really excited about this but it's weird... like an unfunny sitcom or carry on film