The Miniaturist: Miniseries Reviews

• Apr 05, 2019

Rarely is a movie as good as a good book but this 3-part miniseries was not only true to the book (gripping, suspense-filled, moody, unpredictable) it was as beautiful as a Dutch painting. Gorgeous sets and costumes transported me to 17th century Amsterdam. And the details were exceptional (those miniatures!!) Scene after scene looked like they could be frozen into an oil painting by a Dutch master painter. I loved every minute of this series.

• Oct 16, 2018

I loved this show! I wish it would continue~!

I loved this show! I wish it would continue~!

• Oct 07, 2018

Beautiful to look at, but the story is really just a sketch -- the characters are not fleshed out, and the "mystery" is disappointing.

• Oct 05, 2018

If one watches it with the audio muted, it's a visual delight. If one attempts to follow any story line, especially if one expects it to make any sense, then it's just ridiculous. The plot isn't and the resolution of the several story lines violate every rule of drama.

• Sep 23, 2018

ALL GOOD UP UNTIL THE FINAL EPISODE AND THEN IT WENT STUPID.

ALL GOOD UP UNTIL THE FINAL EPISODE AND THEN IT WENT STUPID.

• Sep 23, 2018

I was so taken with this mini series. The way it was done, it kept one questioning some of the relationships. As it turned out, none of my suspicions about most of the characters were not correct. I was disappointed in the ending, I would have liked a happier ending. Hopefully there will be a sequel.

• Sep 09, 2018

As fascinating as the book. Wonderful production values, as one would expect from Masterpiece.

• Mar 29, 2018

The acting is great, but the story leaves a lot to desired. Just entertaining if you have nothing else to watch. It's always a treat to watch Anya Taylor Joy on screen.

• Feb 17, 2018

La casa de miniaturas [2017]

La casa de miniaturas [2017]

• Jan 03, 2018

A wonderful and intriguing setting and story.

A wonderful and intriguing setting and story.