The Passage: Season 1 - TV Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Passage: Season 1 Reviews

February 19, 2019
it is very interesting i cannot wait for the next episode!
February 19, 2019
Incredible. Loved the books. But was hesitant they´┐Ż┬?┬?d be able to do them justice. They did. Couldn´┐Ż┬?┬?t love the show more.
February 18, 2019
Entertaining and suspenseful!!! I have not read the books though. I will keep watching and hope the series has a next season.
February 18, 2019
Dreadful and nothing like the book. I can't believe the author of the book helped write the screenplay. What a sellout.
February 16, 2019
Can't wait to see what happens each week.
February 15, 2019
First, I will say I'm sorry to all the people who like this representation of the books.

That said, this series is a real stinker and needs to be cancelled ASAP.
It is not even close to the books which were excellent.

This is a horror series about the litteral end of the world. Amy NLN is not really aware of here power until the end of the first book. She is not even really a major character until the end of the last book. The story moves through her, it is not about her.

I agree that production costs probably made it impossible to portray the virals as the horrific creatures they are in the books, but the show dumbs them down way too much to be effective or even remotely scary.

This is a classic case of a story that is too long too be a movie and too short to be a TV series. It should have been a miniseries on a cable or streaming network, who could do it justice.