The Pharmacist: Miniseries Reviews

• 19h ago

Everyone should watch this series. Very eye opening and sheds light on how the drug epidemic we now face was started. I also find this interesting because it shows that there is a class privilege on this country. I hear people talk about white privilege but the amount of time it took the government to pursue criminal doctors strictly because they were doctors blew my mind. The sentences they received were so minor compared to what a street level dealer would get. This documentary delves deep into the drug problem and the persistence of the main character is mind blowing. A must watch hands down!

• 2d ago

A truly remarkable story with amazing emotional interviews. As an audience member, I learned a lot about an area I wasn't very familiar with. The story was presented in a brilliant way never to let much on until fully described.

• 2d ago

The story is compelling and nicely structured. However the editing could be much tighter. There is quite a bit of filler that really adds nothing to the story. The viewers time is valuable. They could easily shave 30% off of each episode and have a much better series.

• 3d ago

This show is incredibly well done and well documented. Gripping from the first episode & totally binge-worthy!

• Feb 20, 2020

Slow at times, but absolutely worth watching.

Slow at times, but absolutely worth watching.

• Feb 19, 2020

Wow! One of the best documentary series that I've ever seen. Powerful, inspiring, hard to stop watching. It's only 4 episodes but it's so worth watching. Ties the crack epidemic to the opioid epidemic and how it hurts the kids, parents, dealers, everyone.

• Feb 19, 2020

Horrific, sad, fascinating. A story about a man taking on the opioid epidemic alone. Amazing. 100% recommended.

• Feb 18, 2020

My hero!! If we had more people like Danny maybe more lives would have been saved.

• Feb 16, 2020

No words adequate to describe the importance of this documentary. Extraordinarily important for a thousand reasons not the least of which is accurately telling the story of OxyContin leading to heroin leading to 400,000+ deaths from overdose, lawsuits against Purdue Pharma, the Sackler family. 5-Star important!

• Feb 15, 2020

Dan is my hero: I love his faith, wife, daughter, son, intelligence (especially emotional), determination, and HEART. How in the UNIVERSE did this man end up in the St. Bernard Parish as an answer (note, not "the" answer) to the poverty and drug crisis hitting New Orleans? All the characters are TRUE in the way reality molds us. A special shout out to Shane Madding, a bigger hero my mind b/c of what she went through to get there. Best of all - no black or white - just complex people: some are good, others in between, some bad. Do I trust Jeffrey Hall, who he says he is now? Hmmm. But, murder at 16, 13 years in prison - I pray and hope for him.