The Queen's Gambit: Miniseries Reviews

• 3h ago

A mesmerizing and blunt view of what really means to be a prodigy - a punishment rather than a birthright - a dichotomy that is subtly examined throughout the narrative of this delightful story.

• 13h ago

Amazing performances and a truly great show!

Amazing performances and a truly great show!

• 17h ago

Anya Taylor-Joy is as beautiful as the audience spellbound. It is miniseries that tell the story of chess in an interesting and dynamic way. And finally, after watching over, I want to pick up chess and play.

• 19h ago

Definitely the best series on Netflix for 2020. Love everything about this show! I've probably watched this about 4 times already. The soundtrack is also amazing. A must watch!

• 20h ago

It was a really well made show, with fabulous acting from the lead characters. Despite dealing some dark themes, it was ultimately a feel-good in the end, and I came away having learnt a thing or two about chess. Looking back on it, I think it was the quality of the show which made me like it so much, not the context itself, which was a bit odd. More of a time-passer than a die-hard fave to watch again.

• 22h ago

Started off with promise, but ended up being a not-very-interesting soap opera. I can only watch a pretty girl get drunk and dance around so many times in seven episodes before I start to notice all of the huge, gaping, ridiculous holes in the plot, like the fact that the main character experiences at least 5 lives worth of tragedy in about 7 years. This way, she's can still look gorgeous through the whole thing is the point, I guess. Episode 6 in particular is just bad.

• Nov 24, 2020

While an interest in chess is advantageous to enjoying this show, more so important is the ability to appreciate good acting, a really good narrative, and a study in addictive behavior and personal development.

An absolute must see!

An absolute must see!

• 1d ago

Absolutely delightful. A great story, great acting, and all. Wow! Binged in 2 days.

• 1d ago

I really enjoyed it. Perhaps the best thing I've seen on Netflix. Don't need an appreciation for chess, but if you've played the game like I have, you'll enjoy it even more of course.