The Sinner: Season 2 - TV Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sinner: Season 2 Reviews

November 15, 2018
In my opinion the best TV series this year. The story, acting, direction and filming all outstanding. Bill Pullman should get an award!
November 15, 2018
I just finished watching the second season on Netflix, and a pretty good watch as usual with all the mysteries, twists and interesting characters. I really hope there will be a third season ...
½ November 14, 2018
Way more silly than Season 1. It's watchable for the performances, Bill Pullman in particular. He deserves another series, But the plot and script department needs an overhaul. Series 1 had me shouting 'As if...' at the telly on any number of things, but you go with it because the performances were so good. But this time, the details are woeful. Ambrose's lack of procedure would have him fired before the end of episode 1. Not that anyone else sticks to any recognisable police procedure either.The contrived scenes to move things forward (the twisted ankle in the woods springs to mind). The cliched cult issues. The dot to dot investigation. The cartoon small town politics - everyone knows everyone - not seen since Doc Hollywood. And no one ages! Spun out over maybe 15 years, the only things that change are the haircuts and, in the case of the boy's mother, just her clothes.

It's Pullman gets the stars all on his own. Big nod too to Carrie Coons and the young boy. I just about got to the end. Next time, it gets to the end of episode 1 and it better get the details right or I'll not be watching episode 2.
½
½ November 7, 2018
Carrie <3 Season 2 is beter than the first...