This Is Us: Season 2 - TV Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

This Is Us: Season 2 Reviews

August 10, 2018
Most saddest TV series
July 1, 2018
A Maudlin pile of nonsense. the wave of emotion that engulfs season 2 feels ARTIFICIAL and contrived at every turn.
June 17, 2018
season 1 was amazing. My wife and I are midway through the 2nd season and it feels like a different group of writers took over the 2nd season. the writing of the 2nd season is Certainly of a lesser quality than the 1st season. The long soliloquies by rebecca and jack wear thin especially since most of the content of the DIALOGUE is unbelievable. the dragging out the death of jack grows tiresome. By episode 4 (season 2) I find myself praying for jack's death so we can move on. I am not sure if me and the MRS. will stick around for season 3. However, if they tease that season 3 will finally explain why jack and rebecca's gene pool created such a morbidly obese offspring I my stick around. Kate's morbid obesity is infact one of the most unbelievable aspects of the show. The genetic aspect of obesity is well established. The parents and grandparents from both sides of the family are seen and N O N E of them are obese. So, maybe she was mixed up in the hospital....????
½
½
April 26, 2018
*Spoliers* This show, while it has some amazing moments,I can't help but feel like this season has fallen apart. I can't watch a single episode anymore without getting depressed for hours after it ends. There hasn't been a one good thing to happen in this season to provide any kind of balance to the amount of soul crushing events featured. Kate gets pregnant? Just kidding, she miscarries an episode later. Randall finds peace in fostering children? His bitchy wife constantly jumps down his throat and their foster kid gets put back in the bad situation as soon as she starts to heal. Kevin scores a great role on a movie? Nope, an episode later he gets so hurt he ends up addicted to pain pills and washing them down with liquor, and loses his ex wife AGAIN. Every flashback to Jack and Rebecca's young life, which season 1 tried to convince the audience was perfect, features 3 completely unruly children with so many problems and hatred for seemingly no reason at all. There are a few completely unnecessary comments to throw in a liberal propaganda line such as "Hillary should have won" that have no merit to the show and honestly, just seems ridiculous and forced. While I love that it tackles some deep issues that are hardly ever shown on television; such as eating disorders in a heavily overweight woman as well as a skinny woman that turns out to be bulimic, a successful black man as the lead, and sexual exploitation in Hollywood; this season has done nothing but constantly bring people down.
½ April 23, 2018
Emotional great acting and fresh show