Tidelands: Season 1 Reviews

• May 29, 2021

Series that should have season 2

Series that should have season 2

• Apr 12, 2021

Beautiful sexy people doing their best to make a crazy story believable. What more do you want?

• Feb 20, 2021

I stumbled onto this gen while looking for a fix after my Siren addiction was left summarily without satisfaction. While I don't particularly like comparing two different shows based simply on a similar genre or subject, it's nearly impossible not to here. Both Ryn and Cal or innocents, but to decidedly varying degrees. While Ryn is an alien/stranger to all things terra firma, so too is Cal a stranger. But Cal's foreign and stranger status is to the part of her that is Tidelander. By episode eight, suffice it to say that we and Cal discover that that part is considerable. I appreciate the smaller scope and creative decisions made in regard to Tidelands. There aren't the usual military cliches of evil labs and four generals bent on making "the other" into a weapon. Nor are there the obligatory POV human hero or heroine to help "ET" get home. I also like the writers chose to have the big proverbial secret out in the open. While secrets are a great tool for ramping up story tension, once said secret is out, far too many shows suffer for it. Not to say there are no secrets in Tidelands, but by putting all its cards on the table, Tidelands came out of the creative corner swinging. That said, this show throws more than its fair share of misses and ill advised punches, but when it lands a haymaker, you feel it. Check it out!

• May 18, 2019

Great original series

Great original series

• Apr 25, 2019

Needs to be a season 2

Needs to be a season 2

• Apr 19, 2019

I had a bit of a slow start getting into "Tidelands" on episode 1 but by episode 2 I was hooked. I rarely binge and this series is my exception apparently. I love it and I'm eager for info on if and when they'll be a season 2! There has to be!! Love the storyline development!

• Apr 14, 2019

I thought that this show showed a new perspective on merfolklore. While have the perfect amount of mystery, crime, grit , and romance. I hope netflix releases a season 2.

• Apr 01, 2019

I pray to god that they come out with a second season. I LOVE this show!

I pray to god that they come out with a second season. I LOVE this show!

• Mar 22, 2019

The story gets more compelling with every episode and despite oddly prudish reviews complaining about nudity and sex, it's a very female-centered, empowered show in which the poor men can't keep up with either the quasi-supernatural women or the tough locals.

• Mar 16, 2019

Lo mejor que ha sacado Netflix para mí.

Lo mejor que ha sacado Netflix para mí.