Truth Be Told: Season 1 Reviews

• Jun 01, 2020

Let's taking a cooking metaphor, shall we? Let's say you buy the freshest, organic and finest epicurean ingredients you can find and that you use a recipe from one of Thomas Keller's cookbooks. But then you pay no attention to the recipe and just throw everything together praying that somehow it will all stick together. Of course it doesn't. You end up with a convoluted mess made with the best intentions. That's Truth Be Told.

• May 19, 2020

I wanted to like it. The storyline is all over the place, lots of overacting, and the ending is not satisfying.

• May 16, 2020

Pretty terrible. Bad acting. Worse writing. Couldn't get through the first season it's so bad.

• Apr 20, 2020

very good content with good quality.

very good content with good quality.

• Apr 04, 2020

When you finish the first episode you just have to see the next. A great show with a great story.

• Mar 26, 2020

Had high hopes for this due to the amazing cast but sadly it barely held my interest for the first hour.

• Mar 24, 2020

Easily fell asleep because of the story line but great cast.

Easily fell asleep because of the story line but great cast.

• Feb 27, 2020

Based on the first four offerings from Apple+ and because it starred Octavia Spencer and Lizzy Caplan, I had awfully high expectations of Truth Be Told...maybe too high. There's nothing wrong here, but there's nothing particularly right either, it just...is. Spencer playing true crime podcaster Poppy and Caplain playing twins Josie and Lanie are as good as the material they're given to work with, but there's really nowhere for them to go with what is essentially a paint by numbers who done it.

• Feb 24, 2020

I was really impressed with how the story came together. Great acting, great cinematography, great story! Stellar cast including Octavia Spencer and Lizzy Caplan. I'm not sure where the story would go with a second season, but I'd definitely watch it!

• Jan 30, 2020

A great thriller. Despite I don't like the principal actress "Octavia Spencer", specially when she speaks her Podcast. Maybe it is her voice. But all the rest actors are great for me. Specially but not only "Aaron Paul".