Tuca & Bertie: Season 2 Reviews

• Oct 11, 2021

Good show, relatable

Good show, relatable

• Sep 16, 2021

I remember stumbling across Tuca & Bertie (Season 1) and being excited to show it to my fiancé, and we really enjoyed the fun but relatable characters and situations. It felt like a "Bojack Horseman" that was made for college women or couples, which happens to be my exact demographic. When we saw that the second season had been released, we binged the entire season in two nights: and we absolutely adored it. The characters are explored deeper than before, the animation is just as fun and creative, and the stories feel as though they are taken directly from my own life. I cannot praise this show enough, but I will admit that it is not made for everyone, and it definitely has a demographic that will enjoy it more than others. Overall, one of my favorite series of all times and I cannot wait to see where it goes next

• Aug 27, 2021

Another phenomenal season of Tuca & Bertie. The animation and style as always was exceptional. The writing this season was outstanding, once again doing a great job at depicting adulthood and perfectly blending humor with deeper adult subjects. The character development remarkable especially with Bertie and Tuca both when it came to them as individual characters and with their relationship. The acting was phenomenal especially from Ali Wong, Steven Yeun, Tiffany Haddish, Sasheer Zamata, Nicole Byer, Randall Park, Margaret Cho, Pamela Adlon, Natasha Rothwell, Maria Bamford, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, Okieriete Onaodowan, Max Greenfield, and Christina Pickles. Also the music is superb. Another A+ season.

• Aug 16, 2021

Tuca & Bertie's Netflix cancellation caused a small uproar back in 2019, and for good reason (it was likely the best new series of the year). Fortunately though, Adult Swim rescued it, which is likely a better home for it as well, and this second season's surge in quality definitely suggests such! Just like the first season, Tuca & Bertie is astounding for how its unique mixture of surreal humor, enchanting world building, and detailed characters, and it's all presented with more confidence this year! The show's inferences into contemporary issues (which range from relationships to isolation) feel more palpable than most live-action series currently on air, and the fantastic elements actually augment their relevance, rather than distract. Animation-wise, Tuca & Bertie is also a marvel, with creator/artist Lisa Hanawalt really pushing TV animation to its limits, and some of the more meticulous scenes wouldn't feel out of place in a Suzan Pitt short! Just like Bojack Horseman before it, Tuca and Bertie only needed two seasons to become the most progressive and daring comedy currently airing, and the confirmed third season can't arrive fast enough!

• Aug 08, 2021

Tries too hard to be funny and its not.

Tries too hard to be funny and its not.

• Aug 04, 2021

Hilarious show. On the surface it seems cutesy and fun, but it actually tackles some pretty serious topics. The friendship between the two leads is portrayed in a very relatable way.