Turn Up Charlie: Season 1 Reviews

• Mar 03, 2020

Beautiful. Relatable. Great Character development. Real-life challenges and the drama that goes with them without being over the top and exhausting like most tv shows are these days. I can't recommend this enough. I'm really disappointed with the critical response. This show inspires me to write long-form just to combat the disaster that is today's critic.

• Feb 06, 2020

Great show! Love Elba one of my favourite actors. Show has good plot twists and I'm curious to where the second season will go.

• Dec 04, 2019

This show is gold! And so are Idris's songs... absolute bangers 😎

This show is gold! And so are Idris's songs... absolute bangers 😎

• Nov 05, 2019

The little girl made the show nearly unwatchable. Why they would write such an obnoxious and unlikable character is beyond me. Everything else I liked, but I hated the little girls character. It killed the show.

• Oct 16, 2019

fun to watch. predictable but yet in a uncommon way. shows a side you'd not expect in a average sense, so enough twist to be your "all the same"

• Jun 19, 2019

This is a funny romp - yes, maybe slightly predictable, but even if you know the destination it can be worth the ride. Of course, Idris Elba is one of the sexiest men alive so I'd watch him watching paint dry, but it was really fun to see him in something more lighthearted. He's also very funny as are many of the supporting cast (my favourite is Auntie Lydia).This is what makes Turn Up Charlie such a good time. I also really appreciated the strong female characters and found them very relatable. I do struggle with an overly precocious child character, because they come off so false. Every. Single. Time. This also reflects what horrible people her parents are so the most unbelievable thing is that Charlie would ever be interested in Sara for anything other than career advancement and/or sex. #TeamAstrid

• Jun 01, 2019

Refreshing and very entertaining, Idris Elba does a phenomenal job throughout this series and love the British elements of the humor. I'm very sad a season 2 isn't already out as I couldn't stop watching this series when I started. Definitely need more season, also the critic reviews are nonsense, anyone I've recommended this show to has loved it.

• Jun 01, 2019

Idris Elba good. But the entitled, priviledged family especially the awful little girl main character made the show unbearable. Filled with racial cliches and mad predictable. Idris you are better than this.

• May 15, 2019

was awesome - loved it - can't wait until season 2

was awesome - loved it - can't wait until season 2

• Apr 18, 2019

Critics are clearly out of touch, a funny easy entertaining watch, we'll acted hopefully a season 2