Twin Peaks: The Return - TV Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

ed
Lasse Galsgaard
Dann Michalski
May 23, 2015
David Lynch takes a giant sh**, calls it Twin Peaks: Season 3 (aka The Return), and rubs the fans faces in it. There's no real story; stuff just happens for 18-episodes and then it ends. Most of the season isn't even set in Twin Peaks, and the original cast members who return are mostly only used in glorified cameos that have no connection to any storyline. Everything fans knew and loved about the series is trashed as the show's previous mythology and character developments are completely disregarded. Artistic douchebaggery at its worst, Twin Peaks: Season 3 is utterly pointless garbage.
January 13, 2019
i just seen the first 2 discs of the the return. i hate to say this because i really was looking forward to it. Disapointing & garbage. i loved the 1990 series but this is just a cheap move. like a student wants to impress to graduate. waiste of time and money.
½
January 7, 2019
Twin Peaks: The Return is a masterpiece. Lynch is a master.
½
December 14, 2018
With all the understanding that this is David Lynch?s feature
Work of art, I would ask the question, to
Enjoy a painters masterpiece do I have to have viewed all there previous paintings? If I listen to a musician, do I have to listen to all there previous albums to understand and enjoy there music? That seems to be the case with this installment of Twin Peaks. Get a pen and a pad of paper, quit your job, intently watch all previous Twin Peaks seasons, docs, movie, then you can understand 50% of what happens in this season.