Twin Peaks: The Return - TV Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

ed
Lasse Galsgaard
Dann Michalski
May 23, 2015
David Lynch takes a giant sh**, calls it Twin Peaks: Season 3 (aka The Return), and rubs the fans faces in it. There's no real story; stuff just happens for 18-episodes and then it ends. Most of the season isn't even set in Twin Peaks, and the original cast members who return are mostly only used in glorified cameos that have no connection to any storyline. Everything fans knew and loved about the series is trashed as the show's previous mythology and character developments are completely disregarded. Artistic douchebaggery at its worst, Twin Peaks: Season 3 is utterly pointless garbage.
October 12, 2018
In Twin Peaks: The Return we see all the puzzle pieces from the last two seasons, as well as the movie, come together in a visually stunning, wonderfully written season of television.
½ September 27, 2018
I am shocked at how much I disliked everything about this show- at least the 45 min I could stomach- as I generally dig stylized dramas. I attempted to watch this without seeing the original- perhaps it may have helped, but I found the episode almost unbearable. In this case, "surreal" equals a bunch of unconvincingly awkward and silent trope characters (whose appearance are often made to be grotesque) sit in silence or force out useless dialogue lines. Awkward, slow, unpleasant, unbearable bomb of a show.
½
½ September 25, 2018
I gotta admit that I had to stop watching this season after a couple of episodes, because of one of the main characters. I am really glad that I returned to it though, because you can really see David and Mark flex their creative muscles over the course of the season. It is phenomeal in terms of mood and has some of the best visuals in the whole series. Even the character choice that I criticised in the beginning really pays off in the end.
½