United States of Al: Season 1 Reviews

• Sep 07, 2021

I can't believe the bad reviews. This show is so wholesome and easy to watch. Give it a chance!

• Aug 18, 2021

It's so funny and meaningful and true

It's so funny and meaningful and true

• Jun 15, 2021

weak, such an opportunity blown,

weak, such an opportunity blown,

• Jun 04, 2021

Very cute show, love the idea of someone from another culture poking fun at us while he learns about us. I know it is a comedy but Al comes off as genuinely Naïve and interested in fitting in with his new family.

• Jun 03, 2021

I dislike comedy. I usually only watch these when they reach rerun staus and are shown during the dinner hour I watch them instead of new sometimes

• May 23, 2021

I get that it isn't for everybody, but I enjoy it. It maybe one of those things where you need to be in on the joke (I've been to both vacation spots), which isn't good for a broader audience. They obviously have some veterans from the Afghan war in the writers pool because their themes are much more accurate than most of the garbage I've seen from Hollywood on the life of Soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan. The acting is just ehh, but the story is complex. It is not a cookie cutter sitcom, so I'm not sure it will be given a chance. Critics would rather have horrible lazy garbage like "Chad".

• May 09, 2021

I enjoy the show. It's a little rough around the edges but given time I expect will work out the kinks. The show is touching on important social messages.

• Apr 30, 2021

Awesome show! Solid writing, and great acting! The perfect combination of heart, and comedy!

• Apr 18, 2021

Extremely bad representation. Not funny either.

Extremely bad representation. Not funny either.

• Apr 16, 2021

TV shows are meant to entertain us. I find this show to a refreshing break from the often soul crushing reality of the shit show the real world is. I laugh and enjoy a brief 30 minute respite with United States of AL. Anyone who is overly critical of this show and ones like it is missing the point. It isn't a Broadway production people. It's 30 minutes meant to make us laugh. For those that have a funny bone in tact that is. For those picking it apart and being overly critical, get off your ass and change the channel if you don't like it. If it's too low brow for your blue blooded tastes, might I suggest a ticket to the latest Van Gogh or Monet exhibit. It's comedy television people. Sit back and just relax and enjoy.