Vida: Season 1 Reviews

• Jun 15, 2020

I am hooked! What a great show. I am very much enjoying the story line, the actors and especially the authentic Latino lives they are portraying. Love to hear and see the Latino references and traditions. Writing is so creative. I had never heard the word "whitetina" and when one of the actors said she was functioning on "chingona" level. LOL. So funny. Keep it up.

• Jun 10, 2020

It was a great season but the season finale ended too abruptly. This show and it's fans deserve a better finale than we got. Starz should do something about it.

• May 31, 2020

A really great show about two sisters in downtown L.A. navigating family traumas, Chicano politics, and LGBT issues. Done with humor and flair. The leads are great.

• Nov 03, 2019

Excellent soundtrack, cast, and writing. Entertaining as hell. Watched the whole thing in 2 days.

• Oct 24, 2019

Why do people generaliza and say that this TV series represents Latinos. It does not represent Latin America. It represents Mexicans born in the United States. Complete different culture. It does not even represent Mexico. These people are American born who hold on to their roots as best as they can. Many of them don't even know how to speak prose Spanish. So please do not generalize and say that they representing Latinos. The life in Latin America is very different. Costa Rica, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay, Argentina, Brasil y Bolivia, Colombia, Chile y Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay, Venezuela, Guatemala y El Salvador, Costa Rica, Haití y Nicaragua, Honduras y Panamá, Norteamérica, México y Perú, Cuba

• Jul 30, 2019

Funny, sharp and whip smart. Great storytelling weaving universal themes unlike anything I've seen before on TV. Stellar ensemble acting. Mishel Prada and Melissa Barrera as the two sisters are knockouts. After two episodes I'm hooked!

• Jun 10, 2019

Extraordinary. I am blown away by how good this show is. Definitely in the top ten TV series of all time. The cast, the writing, the cinematography, and the directing--unbelievable. Do not miss this gem of a show!!

• Jun 06, 2019

incredible writing, stellar acting, great cinematography but too much gratuitous sex.

• Aug 02, 2018

Laaaaaaame. The only thing worse than the show is getting bombarded by adds For it in between decent stuff.

• Jul 22, 2018