Voltron: Legendary Defender: Season 7 Reviews

• Jul 11, 2019

Some people say this is the last good season. It's NOT. All the problems that destroy S8 begin here. Shiro gets sidelined without even an explanation and becomes much weaker than he used to be; also, the boyfriend he had been teased with gets subjected to the most brutal Bury Your Gays I've seen in a long time; also also, the season he is revealed to be gay is also the season he is revealed to have an incurable disease that never even gets cured onscreen, we are apparently just meant to forget about it, like with his PTSD. Kuron is confirmed to be dead and gone and is called "evil thing". Lance's insecurities get even worse, and his team does nothing to help when he gets treated like a doormat. Allura gets demoted, from leader of the Coalition to freaking cadet. And Keith acts nothing like the leader we keep getting told he is. I guess people didn't rate S7 as badly because they still had hope that things would get better, but really, S7 was full of red flags.

• May 16, 2019

A bit slow in some parts, but still a great season that wrapped up some plotlines and left others open for the series' final arc

• Mar 31, 2019

The end of the seventh season keeps in suspense and wanting to know more.

The end of the seventh season keeps in suspense and wanting to know more.

• Dec 19, 2018

I wish it was the last season of Voltron. So much better than season 8.

I wish it was the last season of Voltron. So much better than season 8.

• Dec 18, 2018

the season was pretty good apart from them queerbaiting and killing 3/4 gay characters

• Dec 17, 2018

Absolute garbage. Boring. Focused way too much on Pidge's dad and introducing new characters that no one cares about. Not enough time spent on the shows Actual main characters. Lance was reduced to comedic relief with no thought or character. He was given no personality or growth. Queerbaiting. It was never confirmed in the show that Shiro or Adam were gay and adam was killed off as soon as he showed up. Maybe 25seconds of screentime total. Keith was also given no development and was awkwardly pushed towards a relationship with acxa for no reason. This season was just awful and I wish I had never watched it. It's a shame that this had to go so far downhill after the first 3 seasons were so good.

• Dec 14, 2018

awful the only good episode was the feud and even it had some bad parts

awful the only good episode was the feud and even it had some bad parts

• Dec 04, 2018

I was never pleased with Season 7, it just felt like that it was all over the place. So cluttered too. It felt like Vehicle Voltron which I found so boring and confusing during my childhood. Too many new characters and they seemed really dull comparing to the current Paladins. Everyone is back on Earth, yeah so. I’m a Shiro fan but the Atlas....please it just takes away what Voltron is supposed to to be, that is “The Defender Of The Universe. His Captain role just seems so tropey just a typical badass generic character that we all see on other shows and film. He will always be remembered as the Black Paladin because he was more well-rounded as a likable character with both his strengths and vulnerabilities due to his past. Most of all, Season 7 was slow and uninteresting when the Paladins were heading back to earth and being part of some silly game show,etc. Those Garrison generals are annoying including the female Admiral blackmailing Voltron through Sendak and never thought that he would turn his back on her. Season 1 and 2 will always be my favorites because the storyarc was better and times seemed more simple with the Paladins. Plus that was the real Shiro’s (I dislike Kuron) arc too.

• Nov 03, 2018

Best season so far, intense and with a lot of drama.

Best season so far, intense and with a lot of drama.

• Nov 02, 2018

amazing season they hit high notes everytime with this series that scene with Shiros Resurrection is one of their most amazing scenes